Last reply 5 months ago
Foot Pain

I am having pain in feet especially in morning. Feels like walking on pebbles. It eases off once I’m up and about. Anyone else feel have this feeling?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 years ago

@vonjosrob , I have feelings of burning in my feet. I take Pregabelen to take the edge off this.
Have a word with your MS Nurse, as there are medications to assist with this sensory pain.

cameron
2 years ago

Yes, I get this and notice it can come on at the end of the day if I’ve been walking a lot. My orthotic has a thin metal sole and as my feet start to burn, there’s an extra sensation of hot skin on hard metal.. . but I do find that if I take off my orthotic and shoes, rub the foot and put on soft woolly socks and/or furry slippers, it goes away. I’m also a fan of Body Shop Peppermint range. Sprays, gels and creams for feet and legs. They are all very cooling and soothing. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
2 years ago

Thankyou Cameron will give them a try

Anonymous
2 years ago

Thankyou Stumbler I will mention it to MS Nurse next visit.

maloumalou
2 years ago

I have the same symptom. The first steps out of bed really the worst. Like a pistachio being squeezed either in or out of my toe joint. Had a steroid injection on the spot which helped for a long while (but now wearing off) Also…lost pigmentation on the injection site (looks very white and a bit odd but doctor says it’ll eventually disappear).

msnys
2 years ago

I have the burning sensation in the evening on the heels of my feet. Only the heels & only at night & I am sitting with my feet on the sofa or ottoman. If I hang them over the side it stops. When I go to bed, even if my heels are on the bed it doesn’t happen. MS can be so very strange.

Anonymous
2 years ago

I also take pregabalin. It controls all of my nerve pain. I have seriously severe burning, shock like pain that drove me to it. I learned that it also controls all of the nuisance MS pains that I put up with for years. I tried treating foot pains years ago with many different shoes made for comfort or walking. I tried custom orthotics, padded socks, pain relievers, anti-inflammatories, massage, and I also had back pains that I treated with chiropractor sessions, massage, back supports and several different bed mattresses, masssage chairs, ice and heat therapy and God knows what else that I forgot!

Anonymous
2 years ago

My foot pain has got steadily worse this last week. I am still in limboland with no diagnosis and unsure if this pain is connected with MS as know it could be totally unconnected. The pain is mostly on heel and outer edge of foot and is very painful on rising even if I have only sat for a very short time. My calf is also feeling tight but could be connected to way im walking in toes mainly ( working muscles i dont usually use probably) Will make appt with GP as struggling at work. Sounds like plantar faciatus but wondering if I shld contact ms nurse as appt not till mid march. Any ideas to relieve psin?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.