Last reply 6 years ago
Foot pain

I’ve been eperiencing painful feet for a long time now. When I wake in the morning it’s like someone has smashed the soles of my feet with a hammer. Then it changes to feeling like the soles have been stripped with an electric planer and taken the top layer of skin off, leaving the nerves exposed. They seem super sensitive to tiny imperfections of the surface of pavements etc even with socks and shoes on. Now, at night they’re buzzing and uncomfortable, like a healing burn. I don’t know if this makes sense to any of you, but it’s the only way I can describe it.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
6 years ago

It makes sense and it doesn’t sound fun. I’m sorry to hear your feet are acting up so much. I get similar issues as well.
I get a lot of pain in my feet. In the mornings it will often feel like the carpet floor is actually a mix of crushed glass and sharp gravel…making getting out of bed and walking horridly painful. I’m also suuuuper prone to severe muscle cramping in all of my foot muscles.

And recently I thought I had a stress fracture in the bridge of my right foot. I was certain it had to be a stress fracture. Trying to walk normally or put weight on it was horridly painful. A huge problem because my gait issues force me to use my right foot as my main weight barer. Had my electric shock nerve conduction test this last Thursday? The pain was gone immediately after the test was done. Apparently it wasn’t a fracture…just my nerves being weird.

Feel better Pete! Hopefully it wont last too long (although you said you’ve been experiencing this for a while). Maybe talk to your doctors about pain meds or something to alleviate the problem?

pottypete
6 years ago

I have a slight problem with painkillers, in that I’m allergic to most of them.So I have to put up with the pain. I’m ok with that, just as long as I know it’s just another MS related prob. It’s amazing what you can stand(sick joke, lol).

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.