Last reply 3 weeks ago
Foot Drop supports

Hello all,
Since my last relapse my ankle strength has gone beyond me coping without a support.
Can anybody recommend a support that can help?
The sensations in my left foot are diminishing so my brain does not know where my foot is.
I keep twisting/rolling my ankle. My foot keeps getting stuck behind my right leg… so I fall over.
Any help would be of help. I cannot afford to spend money on cheap Chinese rubbish.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

watsoncraig
4 weeks ago

@openminded, I use a “Foot-Up” as recommended by a chiropotrist (you can get them on Amazon) or on the NHS

watsoncraig
4 weeks ago

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@openminded , contact your MS Nurse and request a neuro-physio assessment.

vixen
4 weeks ago

Hello @openminded, I have posted previously about my sister and her FES experience, which has enabled her to walk almost normally. You can probably find it if you type FES in the search box. All the best 🙂

openminded
4 weeks ago

Spoken to MS nurse and the first thing she recommended is “Try and keep your foot warm”
I do have cold.icy feet. What is the best way to keep them warm?

imbarca
3 weeks ago

@openminded keeping your foot warm might help but I can’t see it making a huge difference to be honest. You really need to look into FES or some kind of splint. How you access this will depend on your PCT. I was able to get my FES mostly paid for by Access to Work. But there is a physiotherapist in my PCT who could assess and advise me.

I’m not sure if you could be referred here?

http://www.bhamcommunity.nhs.uk/patients-public/rehabilitation/functional-electrical-stimulation/

In the meantime, try and wear ankle boots. I wear hi-tops a lot and they give enough support to stop my ankle rolling most of the time. Fur-lined ones like these also keep your feet warm!

https://www.sportsdirect.com/british-knights-roco-fur-hi-top-shoe-mens-241026

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.