Last reply 3 weeks ago
Flare up

Hi guys, I am looking for some advice. I am having a flare up, I have a bad cold, worst I have had in years. It has flared up some old symptoms but also a new one. My arm is very achey and painful and my finger tips are so sensitive it is uncomfortable to use my hand at all. I also feel like I have a swollen mouth and my taste has altered, everything tastes the same. I don’t know if that’s the cold or the MS!

I am not on any meds but what do you do when you are having a flare up?

I have 2 kids and if I’m not physically crawling on the floor or being sick my husband things I’m fine of course!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@hollylb10 , in this situation, you need to get rid of this cold. Then you’ll be able to see whether the MS has been playing up.

I’d also get in touch with your MS Nurse and let them know what’s going on.

I share your frustration with our partners.

sam10
3 weeks ago

@hollylb10
It’s not only you. My wife doesn’t believe my relapses till I die.
Get well soon

hollylb10
3 weeks ago

This cold has been brewing for over a week and now it’s gotten hold of me! It’s horrible, but as soon as I smile or laugh I’m ‘better’ or ‘not that poorly’ why is it so hard to understand.

I spoke to my nurse, she is lovely and very understanding. She mentioned meds to me but I did not have the best experience with my first attempt with meds!

MS is making me feel like a wobbly mess too!

grandma
3 weeks ago

There is such a choice of meds now, you have only tried the odd one or two and have understandably not had a good experience,but please give them a try. They are all basically meant to do the same thing, hit the ms hard and fast and give you an easier time in the future. Worth considering with a couple of kids to look after?😍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.