dannyj 15/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Fist clenching

I keep clenching my fists whenever I’m not using my hands. Anyone else do this or any suggestions on how to stop. Would love to know.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 years ago

@dannyj , I know of one other member suffering from this. They have recently seen a neuro-physio. They now have to be measured for a splint to wear at night. And have been given some exercises.

So, see if you can get a Neuro-physio referral via your MS nurse.

lucinda
3 years ago

@dannyj

I believe stumbler is talking about me.

lucinda
3 years ago

@danny

That last message sent before I finished

tiggermum
3 years ago

I do this too – but I do it just to check whether my pins and needles have gone yet! They never have and I keep clenching. At night it is worse and I wake with stiff fingers – one of them turning into a trigger finger. I had never thought of talking to my physio! Will do that now.

thecuriosity
3 years ago

Same here, it’s basically more comfortable to do it than let my arm be stiff, although it’s been happening more often of late. I’ll mention it to my MS Nurse, and see what she suggests.

adam1407
3 years ago

Get a stress ball or those clenchy keep fit things (I don’t know what they’re called); that’s what I use…

adam1407
3 years ago

I spoke to my MS OT about this today (for me) and she suggested some simple excercises… It would be worth giving your OT a call, or if you don’t have one, ask to be referred.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.