Last reply 6 years ago
First Neurology Appointment

Hi does anyone know how long the first neurology appointment is i have mine Tuesday 15th at 9am and am expected back at work later.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

siangwilym
6 years ago

Hiya – depends if you are having an MRI or any other tests before seeing the neuro. If it’s just seeing the neuro then I’d say 20-30 mins, but if other tests could be all morning. Maybe tell work you’re probably not going to be in til lunchtime to be on safe side then if you get away earlier, it’s a bonus for them. Good luck on Tues. 🙂

danrb80
6 years ago

Well i have had MRI done so hopefully not long then. Thanks

aoife
6 years ago

It shouldn’t take long, but depends, hospital appointments vary, but I agree with what is said above! Tell work you should be in after lunch! A 9am appointment means you’re most likely the first appointment of the day, this is great and means there shouldn’t be any delay! I always ask for the first appointment of the day as I can’t stand waiting rooms! Best of luck Tuesday 🙂

madmaz1
6 years ago

Good luck on Tuesday Dan , let us know how you got on

ophelia
6 years ago

I’ve been told my first appointment (since diagnosis) will be an hour long, it’s to discuss DMD’s so don’t know if that’s any help. Mine is 21st June….counting down the days!!!

danrb80
6 years ago

Madmaz1 i will let you know thanks. Ophelia i know i have been counting down the days too so i could be looking at approx 1 hour? Great thanks for that one 🙂

softscarlet
6 years ago

My first apt after diagnosis is on the 6th of June.. must write some questions down!… was advised to keep a little note of any symptoms.. length of any lapse and general well being.. Who knows whats next lol !
Hope everyone gets on well x

ophelia
6 years ago

Good luck for tomorrow Dan, let us know how it goes!

danrb80
6 years ago

Thanks everyone I will keep you posted on how it goes i have written a list of all my symptoms and quations and dates down so i feel all prepared 🙂

scotkiwi
6 years ago

Hope it goes really well mate. I am seeing the Doc on Thurs myself !

danigirl01978
6 years ago

My first appointment after getting confirmation of my diagnosis last about 45 mins as we discussed medication etc, also as some of the others have said you should be the first appointment of the day so they shouldnt be running late by then (although my neurologist manages to be late permanently lol) Good luck

danrb80
6 years ago

Thanks guys 🙂 oh Scot good luck on thursday

Anonymous
6 years ago

Hey Dan, I had my first appointment about 2 weeks ago. My app was at 9 and I got outta there about 11.30. The appointment itself was only about an hour, but I had to wait to have blood tests done and a chest xray..just to def DEF rule out everything else.
The appointment itself wasnt so bad and they were quite helpful.
Hope it goes well.
Sarah

danrb80
6 years ago

Well im back in work from appointment have been told it is RRMS will get meet with MS nurse and choice of 2 DMDs to start also looking at doing drugs trial also. Feel better now i know i deffo have MS rather than a pos/mayme scenario. Thanks for all the messages guys

desbanks
6 years ago

Gosh, hope you are okay, what choice of DMD’s were you offered. Did you go through both MRi’s with Neuro, Brain/Spine

danrb80
6 years ago

Yeah he showed me my photos the DMDs were the 2 older ones betainterferon thing and one that has an x in it cavalax or avalax? Im good though

scotkiwi
6 years ago

Good stuff mate. Glad it went well!

ophelia
6 years ago

Glad it went well darlin.x sounds like betaferon and Avonex he probably offered. Counting down my days….37……!!!

aoife
6 years ago

Hi Dan, you seem quite positive about today which is great. I’m on betaferon if you ever want to ask me anything about it feel free to message me! Also I was offered a few clinical trials back when I was starting treatment in August, so I might be of some use advise wise on that front as I researched a lot at the time. Happy it went well for you today 🙂

Sarah_T
6 years ago

Dan, I’m glad you are taking the diagnosis well. Keep positive, at least you can do something about it now.

@aoife – which clinical trials were you offered? I’m interested as I’m thinking about going for one myself.

aoife
6 years ago

@Sarah_T ; I’m not at home for the next few day and all my info is there, so when I’m home I’ll message you with the names!

danrb80
6 years ago

Sarah & Aoife thanks for message it would be great get info on the 2 main DMDs and the trials please. Yeah i have had 3 months to get used to idea of having MS now so as well as expected really haha cheers though

aardvark
6 years ago

@danrb80 glad to hear you’re taking the DX well. Your situation sounds similar to mine, in that you suspected that you’ve had MS for years, and then had a few months to come to terms with the idea before the official diagnosis. Although there’s no good way to hear it, I think this way is about as good as it’s likely to get (although I suppose there’s on your deathbed, aged about 90, when you hear “just one thing before you go…” whispered into your ear by a good-looking medical staffer. That might be better lol)

Anyway, having that “official diagnosis” allows you to move on to the next stage – injections here you come… Good luck with that!

Anonymous
6 years ago

@danrb80 – I’m happy to hear you are taking the dx so well! Good luck with everything to come.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.