Last reply 6 years ago
First fall

Wow i had my first mini fall yesterday night my leg gave way for a sec and luckily i was no where near the stairs. Today my leg gave way twice but i managed to stop myself falling ( be a bit embarresed if i did). My legs have been giving me jip for a few weeks so i thought something was coming. Oh well on wards and hopefully upwards

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

DomB
6 years ago

All thr best Dan. Based on my experience of my wife and her falls, she just kept pushing herself, despite how difficult it became. Even when her walking got to it’s absolute worst she didnt give up, and it’s beginning to pay off.
If you ever want to chat, ask anything or just get a load of your shoulders feel free to pop me a message

danrb80
6 years ago

Thanks for the message i hope i have very few or none but im probably going to have another. Thanks for the kind support 🙂

cameron
6 years ago

When you see the neuro, ask for a physio assessment. Not as daft as it sounds – they’ll find out which muscle groups are affected, give you strengthening exercises and hopefully advice on how to avoid falls. I had to ‘relearn’ parts of my gait because I was overcompensating on my good side for nerve damage on my bad.

Gav
6 years ago

You never forget your first fall, pull up a chair kid. I still remember my dfirst fall, was warm, dunny day, which was unusual for Bradford as its notmally damp and windy. *tails off into a five minuite abstract about ‘the war’* I was just walking to my local hospital when BANG, there was the ground. Ahh, happy memories.

😉

danrb80
6 years ago

Thanks for the tip Cameron ill try and remember to do that. Well Gav im lucky my first fall was onto my bed and not concrete or tarmac (ouch). Cheers guys

Gav
6 years ago

Tarmac is surprisingly bouncy when you’ve learned your ‘technique’ I shit thee not. Damn painful if you just splat out, better if you kind of roll with it, you just gotta take your time…

danrb80
6 years ago

Haha i will bare that in mind when i first meet mr Tarmac haha

maryklou
6 years ago

hey dan sorry to hear that but u shouldn’t be embarrassed if it happens again (hopefully not) just smile and walk it off. I cant really remember my first fall coz its happened to me 100 times, at home,at work and on the street. It is pretty embarrassing i have to admit but coz it happens so often iv just decided to laugh about it whenever it does. When im walking i can usually feel my left leg in particular getting really heavy and tired so i know a fall is gonna happen so i try and stop for a break to regain my balance.

danrb80
6 years ago

Well thank you maryklou i will try and think of your advise if and when it happens again 🙂

Anonymous
6 years ago

Dan, life is not about how hard you can fall, but how many times you can fall and keep moving forward! After picking yourself up. I am not suggesting you just wriggle onward from the floor. That would be counteractive.

My first fall came when I was out on the town with my Pop. We’d had a few but this was a different fall to a drunken stagger. We were just walking along and my legs just gave way, I went straight down. A couple of random nurses who saw it and were just as squiffy rushed to my aid. Thank you random nurses.

I had many falls since but they became few and far between as time went on. Gotta agree with Gav, it’s all in your technique…

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.