ellieebeaar 20/03/17
Last reply 11 months ago
First dose of Tecfidera, eye pain?!

I took my first dose of Tecfidera this morning. I had 10 mins of feeling really hot after a couple of hours but now I have pain in my right eye when I look up, anyone else on Tecfidera had anything like that? Hoping i don’t get optic neuritis in this eye but its the same kind of pain I had in my left eye in September after it developed a bit over the week🤒

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

potter
11 months ago

I have never had that happen, I am starting my fourth year on Tec. I have heard of other MSers starting a new DMT and have a relapse occur at the same time. It usually have nothing to do with the medicine just a bad luck. I hope it isn’t optic neuritis. Wishing you some good luck. Potter

gunner08
11 months ago

@ellieebeaar I was suffering with terrible sharp pains in my head that seemed to start behind my eyeballs and would then spread across my head. I went to see my optician and he asked me lots of questions about what the problem was and gave my eyes a thorough check. It turned out to be ‘dry eye’. Something I had never heard of before but apparently quite a few people suffer with it and it is easily treatable with eye drops.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.