lina 20/10/14
Last reply 3 years ago
first day back at work

Well I started back at work in school lovely reception kids on my first day. Went well about phasing in at 2 hours a day maybe leading up to 20 hrs eventually but my body is burning, legs burning, chest burning how do you cope with this I kept calm by drinking water in school took my Gabapentin at 10am think my medication needs reviewing don’t think its working only on 300mg twice a day take 600mg at night the dothipin which I’ve been on for 19 years .

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

@lina glad to hear work was good for your first day back, and hopefully you continue to increase your hours as much as you can.
As for the burning i have this problem, and sought advice here a couple weeks back. Unfortunately I have found nothing to reduce this feeling and in all honesty I have not asked for any other meds either. I try and forget about it and concentrate on other things which helps and also i find elevating my legs helps loads as well. 🙂

3 years ago

Ladies, always stay in touch with your MS Nurse regarding pain medications. It’s all about finding the right drug for you AND the right dose.

3 years ago

@stumbler i feel like I’ve just been told off for not keeping in touch with the nurse hahahaha

3 years ago

Hi @lina … Glad you enjoyed being back at work but not good to hear the burning spoilt it 🙁

When my legs burn I have to stop and put my feet up for at least half an hour but I realise this isn’t so easy when working in a school 😕

Have you ever tried Pregabalin? … I was reading some old forum posts recently where this worked for someone after they had bad effects with Gabapentin.

Take care xxx

3 years ago

Hi @catfight @cazzzzzy @stumbler 2nd day at work hasn’t been too bad worked in nursery for my 2 hours burning not as bad but working with nursery kids had to keep calm amazed at how many children cannot count to a least 3. Spoke to MS nurse today she has suggested I try to up my 300mg twice a day to 600mg and if its still not working she has suggested I could try Pregablin but MS nurse said if its stillnot working to get in touch with her and we could try to change it will be seeing my GP next Wednesday as my sick note runs out on the 29th so if its not working I could get it changed so going to start with my 4pm dose on Friday ass its half term next week soo I experience any side effects I will know by next week. Asked about my mri results and she said she asked the neurologist secretary and as soon as they get them they will write to but it could take a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your best wishes will let you know how it goes

3 years ago

@lina , always go with what the MS Nurse suggests. They’re more in touch with all things MS, more so than the GP and the Neurologist! 😕

And, be careful with your GP, ‘cos I think that you shouldn’t have really gone back to work before the GP signed you back on! He/She may be a bit put out by that…….. 😮

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.