Last reply 2 months ago
First 1/2 dose of Ocrevus – First DMT

Hello Everyone!

Earlier today I received my first 1/2 dose of Ocrevus as my first DMT.

I was extremely nervous of IRR and not tolerating the only formally available drug to treat my condition.

The infusion went so smoothly I cannot even believe it. I finished around 2pm, came home and slept for over 4 hours. It is extremely weird for me to sleep during the day…. apart from that, however, everything seems completely normal.

I know it is too soon to tell if I will benefit from this treatment. However, I would like to thank all of you who read or responded to my questions and insecurities of what seemed to be an ‘aggressive’ treatment.

Thank you!!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

believe22
2 months ago

I just hag my second dose of Ocrevus 2 days after Christmas. It went fine. With in a week I had a flare up, not sure if that’s normal. After that went away in like a week I really cannot tell any difference. Same symptoms different day! I hope I feel amazing soon!! Best of luck to you!! 👍

stumbler
2 months ago

@fxms , let’s hope it does the job for you. 👍

dominics
2 months ago

@fxms Am glad to hear it all went so smoothly.

V. similar experience for me. I get the second half next Monday and hope it goes as smoothly as the first one.

The anti-histamine certainly made me a bit sleepy at times. I took my laptop with the intention of doing some writing. That went out the window the moment the Piriton kicked in.

I certainly hope it is fearsomely aggressive towards my MS!

I also hope to eradicate my other meds over time. We have agreed to give it a month after the second infusion and then start titrating down the Duloxetine and Modafinil.

Best,

Dominic

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.