Emmy 05/11/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Fingolimod

Hi All,

I am going to be starting on Fingolimod in a few weeks and just wanted to get others opinion of it. I am currently on Rebif and I am really looking forward to not having to inject anymore! Have people found that it reduces their relapse rate? Are the tales I hear of it improving walking true? In follow up MRI scans have you seen lesions reduce?

I really appreciate any feedback you can give me 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@Emmy , I’m sure you’ll get some answers soon.

But, you may be able to find previous discussions using the forum search capability, the magnifying glass, top left, and searching for “Gilenya”, which is Fingolimod’s more familiar name.

janep
3 years ago

Hi @Emmy, I’ve been on fingolimod since Feb 2013 after copaxone and avonex and love the lack of needles in my life! I’ve felt extremely well and been relapse free since starting (after two relapses in six months in the lead up to the switch). I’ve not had a scan since starting so can’t comment on lesions but others may have more to report as many people seem to have a very positive experience with it. There is also a facebook group (UK Fingolimod users (Gilenya)) which is a handy way to share experience and tips. Last bit of advice- take a good book with you on the first monitoring day as it’s really boring!! Good luck Jane xxx

tabbycat
3 years ago

It is working really well for me and no side effects at all.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.