Last reply 3 years ago
Feet

Hi all at the moment I am suffering with very sore/painfull feet with lots of hard skin and although I try to remove it myself it never seems enough,therefore I was wondering does anyone know if we qualify for any free chiropodist treatment to help reduce pain.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@sef71 , I think that would be a question for your GP, who may be able to offer some advice too. 😉

sef71
3 years ago

Cheers @stumbler I’m going to ask my consultant too when I go on 15:04:15 x

mumofmser
3 years ago

Yes you should qualify for free podiatry as you have a neurological condition which can affect your sensation. Your GP should be able to guide you but often self referral is available.

sef71
3 years ago

Thank you @mumofmser x

tabbycat
3 years ago

Interesting! I have a lot of pain in my feet sometimes from cramping, but over sensitivity makes just a little build up of hard skin hurt like hell- leading to limping, not exercise and increased wobbliness. I need a pedicure!

splick
3 years ago

I have immense feet pain and hard skin. One thing you should ask your doctor for is some Diprobase Emollient cream, it’s excellent on dry and hard feet.
But as others have said above, you are entitled to free help.
Good luck

angelbum
3 years ago

Same they look lovely. Infact you would be surprised how easy it is to do yourself if your tremor isn’t too bad yet . Buy the blade it really is easy . Put your feet in warm water with a foot soak my recommendation is try blue spa fizz its blue powder with a string scent lovely softens then get the corn blade I haven’t cut my foot once while using . You see you need to do it about once a week the state are feet get in . Also use cream each night socks in top

angelbum
3 years ago

graham100
3 years ago

I go to see a chiropodist every 12 weeks. Not free I’m afraid. She has just dicided not to use a scalpel anymore, as my twitchy legs are getting more unpredictable. lol

chloeautumnx
3 years ago

I get the same! Plus pressure sores on the balls of my feet too. I feel your pain. X

melimo
3 years ago

Late last year I had an MS relapse with new symptoms. These new symptoms were tingling and numbness in my feet which spread to my calves and thighs etc and then stiffness. After I had new MRI and a spinal lesion was found ( only previously had brain lesions) I was given Meth pred and went home 3 days later. Of course it took about 8 weeks for symptoms to reside except for feet? My feet seem to have retained that awful sensation thing where you feel like all your toes are puffy and your feet are thick..does that make sense. Wearing socks and shoes feel terrible. My skin on my feet is quite coarse and hard and cracked. I think that I have made my feet worse because I am barefeet most of the time. I ever thought to go to chiropodist or podiatrist..maybe I should. Thanks for ideas 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.