sunrise82 02/03/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Feeling Lost

Not sure what I want to say really but I’m feeling lost. Just been diagnosed with rrms and I’ve been signed off work for a month. I’m due back to work tomorrow and I’m dreading it. I’m starting to come out of my current relapse but am finding it hard to be around people. Everyone will ask are you better ect and I know I will just nod and smile saying yeah I’m fine but really feeling like I’m collapsing inside.

I just needed a rant so thanks for reading.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

Anonymous
1 year ago

@sunrise82 I remember that feeling, I was 5 weeks into a fantastic new job it was a promotion, better money, a team and new company and bam suddenly I’m out of action. I had to go back to work part time and to complete strangers. Not great at the time but I got through it and so will you. Xx https://www.facebook.com/groups/Controlms/ here’s a link to my fb page which I try and keep positive and practical. Keep your chin up πŸ‘πŸ»

stumbler
1 year ago

@sunrise82 , are your employers expecting you to return full-time or have they offered you a phased return? The last thing you need is to be dropped in “at the deep end”! Perhaps you could get in touch with your work Occupational Health representative.

You’re right, everyone will be asking how you are. And, yes, you’ll probably answer that you’re fine. It’s a standard MS response, which is easier rather than bore someone with all the details. Is your diagnosis common knowledge or is this something that you’d prefer to control?

Anyway, you rant away. This is a safe place to do it. You won’t upset anybody as we understand why you’re doing it.

It’s always best to have a rant here than cause an atmosphere at home. πŸ˜‰

sunrise82
1 year ago

Hi @vickivictoria

Thanks I joined your group yesterday and will look at your posts. I’m quite a positive person but have my moments of down. Thank you Dawn x

sunrise82
1 year ago

Thank you @stumbler it’s nice to know this is a safe place to rant. I have friends and family but sometimes they don’t understand because they don’t have ms.

My work haven’t mentioned anything about a phased return to work but I will mention this to them tomorrow. You are right I’m scared of going back and after a week feeling wiped out again. I have to get up at 5.30am because I have a commute to work.

I think my senior colleagues know at work and to be honest I don’t mind if people know because then they might understand me if I’m having a down day.

Thanks again πŸ™‚

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-support/practical-and-financial-help/work-and-money/employment Just on dinner break at work myself so flying visit hope this helps chin up lass it be reet and also google access to work Dwp

Anonymous
1 year ago

Sorry I should have recognised the photo, the gorgeous lady by the waterfall! I have down days tooπŸ˜‰

redrighthand
1 year ago

You might also want to see if you can work from home some of the time. I don’t know if that’s possible with your job but if you have to get up at 5:30 to commute, it might really help. I don’t need to be in the office more than a couple of times a week but I find my commute absolutely wipes me out (and it only takes me under an hour to get in). Best of luck tomorrow.

sunrise82
1 year ago

Thanks @vickivictoria very kind of you. 😊

sunrise82
1 year ago

Hi @redrighthand unfortunately I don’t have the option to work from home, but I might just be asking to do shorter hours for a while. Thanks I will keep you posted. πŸ™‚

sunrise82
1 year ago

Thanks @doubleo7hud I will take a little look. Enjoy your lunch πŸ™‚

melissa-g
1 year ago

I hope they’re understanding and willing to try to reduce your hours for now, I’m sure that would really help like others have said. Being diagnosed is definitely an emotional rollercoaster, but I’ve always found it helpful to talk to people who understand or have been through it themselves. All the best on your first day back πŸ™‚

sunrise82
1 year ago

Thank you @melissa-g I will make sure I mention my hours. This site has really helped me so thank you. X

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hi @sunrise82 how did your week go?

lindy-anne
1 year ago

Hi @sunrise 82

I hope you are feeling a bit better. Unfortunately feeling lost and confused with MS is pretty common. Just remember no matter how annoying or frustrating it is, most of the time people care and just want to help.

Sometimes you wont want any help but sometimes its good to let people help:) I’ve learned that with time!

sunrise82
1 year ago

Hello @vickivictoria

I only went in today and to be honest it felt like a very long day. I am in quite a bit of pain in my lower back area. I am not sure if this is just because I have been sitting down all day or because my back is going into spasm. Anyway I didn’t have a return to work meeting but it is meant to happen on Monday so we will see whet support they can offer me.

Thanks for asking x

newbie2017
1 year ago

Hi Sunshine82, hope it all went OK. Like you I’m new to this too. Is it the managing of your symptoms you are most worried about or the emotional impact of your diagnosis? Are you on any medication?
Physically I’m not too bad, emotional side I’m up and down. I had a week off post diagnosis to try and just get my head around things.
I struggle sometimes with the other people’s lack of understanding of the impact this illness has emotionally and could have physically.

brighteyes
1 year ago

Hi sunrise82 – just read your posts and ‘popped in’ to say hi. I’m in the exact same boat as you too (feeling lost as I’ve just been diagnosed with RRMS last week) and probably a lot of other people on here too…so your definitely NOT alone πŸ™‚ !! My consultant has signed me off for a couple of weeks (probably to get my head around things and also whilst I’m on a course of steroid treatment etc before he starts me on other meds) so at the minute (as my mam would say…’I’m going around like a fool in a fog’ lol) My head is all over the place, one minute I’m up the next I’m down but I’m really trying to stay positive.

I’ve quite a stressful job too and on that front the only thing I would say to you is that your health is your wealth…jobs will come and go but you need to look after yourself. Just do what you can in the timeframe you have. Renegotiate deadlines if you can…and above all try not get too stressed – that will only make things worse for you.

Best of luck…we’re all here thinking of you and rooting for you xx

traceyluv
1 year ago

Hi I went through the same thing and had to keep going to try and keep my job. Your work should help you ? Have you been diagnosed with MS ? Hope you okay Tracey x

traceyluv
1 year ago

Sorry yes you have silly me… I have RRMS too. I having suffering a bit today and yesterday with dizziness. Brain and eyes all mixed up….. hope resting for 2-3 days I will be better ;-)))
If you have MS you are legally disabled and work should help with reasonable adjustment. Xx

makkymee
1 year ago

Hi @sunrise82 – Cool name btw

Feel free to rant anytime as we all need it every now and then. Feeling lost is understandable but you will get through it. I was diagnosed 7 years ago and felt like my world had been blown apart but after a while I found myself again, made adjustments to make my life easier and tried to understand this MS as much as possible.

Keep positive, carry on ranting and know there’s a whole world here to help you

Makky

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.