Last reply 1 year ago
Feeling Down

I’m have been feeling really down lately. Just thinking about how much my life has changed in the last year or so and not for the better. My MS has gotten worse and have just put in ramps and more grab rails in my home. It’s de me realised condition is worse.
Just want my life to go back to how it was. Working fulltime and being able to jump out of the car to run into shops, rather than having to make sure I have my scooter or walking sticks or walker.
Feel like giving up.
Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@lorag , I have to admit that living with the limitations imposed by this condition is not easy and can, on occasions, become overwhelming.

But, we have to keep things in perspective. We’re loved and we have a roof over our heads and food in our belly. We’re also not living in a warzone.

Yes, MS is a royal pain in the arse, but we’re still here and can enjoy a useful existence.

Just acknowledge that, occasionally, our MS can become huge. And, it’s OK to feel sorry for ourselves. So, have a duvet day and break out the wine and chocolate.

Things will soon look better.

potter
1 year ago

It’s hard letting go of your old life, I use to schedule my day from 8 in the morning till 8 at night. I was a interior decorator, part time college student and had a teenage son. Now grocery shopping wipes me out, now my old life seems like it belonged to someone else. I try to enjoy the good points of my new life, my husband is more attentive and helps with the cleaning. My pottery has gotten better because I have more time to think about the design. I have time to relax, I can watch a movie in the middle of the day without feeling guilty. I take the time to do my exercises and stretches, before I was to busy and I try to help people on the MS and Ceramic Forums. I think I might be a better person because of my MS. Potter

mmhhpp
1 year ago

Don’t give up lorag! I totally understand your frustation. I am on the same situation, waiting for planning permission to get the garage converted into a bedroom/bathroom… very difficult to go upstairs unless someone pulls my leg, yes relying on scooters and wheelchairs, tyred,….. and more…..but hey!these guys had a good point. Have yor best wine, best movie around! Things will feel better tomorrow. I agree it is so difficult when we compare how good the old times were…. ? My life has also changed in the last year……and i only started ms 7 years ago! Hope you feel better soon! Take care

brittany-leigh
1 year ago

Its hard. Some days are worse than others, its unpleasant to visit the neurologist & hear they found a new leison every time. Its difficult not being understood by those around you, its hard to not know what to expect next. But, you are loved, supported & are entitled to feel sad for yourself. Grieve for the lost you & the you that will never be.
Embrace the new you & find new things to support the you that you are today.

lorag
1 year ago

Thank you everyone! Just gotta keep going. ?

Anonymous
1 year ago

@potter
You always have the wisest words. If I can’t get better at anything else, I can work on being a better person.

Thank you

kanjalina
1 year ago

Hi Lorag,

I hope you are feeling a bit better since you first posted this. Everyone is soooooooooo right in what they’re saying. Lets be honest, it is the most inconsistant condition ever, a massive pain in the rear, and just generally a huge mind game!!!!!!

I understand how difficult it is to accept such big changes; it is very unsettling and fankly almost cruel. Listen to your body and learn to take a positive out of negative – Never in a million years did I see myself the way, but I kind of prefer the ‘new’ me: The better temper at least!!!!! 🙂 🙂

Heres to a positive 2017 xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.