Last reply 3 years ago
Feeling blue….

Today – despite the sunshine – I feel blue. It has been creeping up on me over the last couple of weeks. There is so much going on in my life right now, most of which I have no control over. I should be happy – my son is getting married on Friday and that makes me happy. Yet I still feel blue. I am sure I will be told to “pull yourself together” by those close to me – yet that isnt right. I dont know how to be happy any more. I just feel blue. I even put on a bright red top today to brighten me up , but – you guessed it – I still feel blue.

I hope that time will help me and I will start to feel happy again. But time just seems to rush by. Hey ho.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@tiggermum , it might be sunny out there today, but it’s still the season where it starts to look dank and desolate out there. And, the nights draw in so quickly….

I just don’t like this time of year.

Perhaps, I’m just a SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) old git!

And perhaps there’s a link between MS & SAD (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1809858)

graham100
3 years ago

Yes stumbler is right as usual. And putting a red jumper on makes me think Xmas. Now I feel miserable. Bar humbug. Xx

stumbler
3 years ago

Stumbler is never “right as usual”! Ask Mrs Stumbler! 😆

lina
3 years ago

@tiggermum I’ve been feeling tired dark when I get up at 6am been like this for years but seem to cope with it but now I can’t look after yourself and get plenty of rest you need your energy for your son’s wedding.

Lina

judy-gy
3 years ago

Here’re happy aspects of a son getting married, but there can be a creeping sense of loss linked to what has gone before, that has passed and is now gone. There are real ms changes that can make it harder for for us to find our happiness. I am sorry to hear you are feeling blue. Look after yourself and see if there are any more red jumper moves you can try. Jx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.