Anonymous 03/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Feeling better with Tecfidera?

I started Tecfidera about 2 weeks ago now. A few months back I was having serious troubles with my mobility and had to come off work due to multiple relapses. My legs aren’t how they were prior to the relapses but I can still walk and even jog sometimes. I was off meds for a while because I wanted to do it med free and hated the idea of being on meds. However, since being on tecifdera I feel much better. In fact the best I have felt in a long time. Dare I even say normal? I still have numbness and stiffness but I can deal with that as long as I am still mobile. I know you aren’t supposed to feel different on medication but Tecfidera in particular helps with the inflammation where attacks are concerned. So I just wondered if anyone else has recently started tecfidera and noticed any improvements?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

potter
1 year ago

I had the same feelings after I got use to the Tec, sometimes I would feel so normal I would over do it and collapse the the next day. I had to learn to pace myself, I will have been on Tec for three years this March. Potter

nols17
1 year ago

I am to start tecfidera at the end of January, can anyone tell me the best way to take this medication, I’ve read the best way to take it is 12 hours between taking it, is this correct? Can anyone give me any information. I’m nervous about beginning to take it as all this MS is new to me as I’ve only very recently been diagnosed. My docs have told me I will be normal… what is normal?

potter
1 year ago

I guess what ever you think normal is. I take my Tec with my breakfast and dinner, I take it in the middle of my meal. I have tried taking it at the end of the meal but it bothers my stomach. I had to cut down on spicy foods and for some reason beans I have worked them back into my diet. I take a good probiotic everyday that really seems to help with the diarrhea you have at the beginning. Some people have flushing and take aspirin before taking the Tec, I didn’t have that problem. Potter

Anonymous
1 year ago

I would say take it with a big meal. It helps massively in reducing the side effects. A slice of toast is not enough.

potter
1 year ago

I take mine with a average size bowl of cereal in the morning, sometimes I add a piece of toast, but Ray is correct toast by itself won’t cut it. Potter

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.