Last reply 6 months ago
Feeling a bit sad

This maybe sounds irrational and silly but for the last week i felt a bit better. My pain has still been there but not quite as bad. All in all ive felt quite positive. Then today….boom! I feel down, weepy and my pain is worse again.
Im having one of those days where I dont really want anyone around me. I could cry.
I am quite an anxious person anyway but i usually have more of a build up to these sort of feelings. This time its hit me like a train!
I just hope im not alone because i really feel alone today…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

ebaldwin
6 months ago

I would have those days
Some days I would be completely fine,others the thought of holding my partners hand but not being able to feel it would bring me to the edge. It would completely bring me to tears and crush me.

You have to just power through it,down days are what comes with this disorder unfortunately, but just like our relapses it comes and goes and makes us stronger.

mmhhpp
6 months ago

@sarah_irwin

You are not alone ! I feel like that all the time! I send you an enormous virtual hug, you need a good sleep this is how i call it the “witchy” time of the day when we go to bed and start thinking, not good. Tomorrow will be better!

Ms has good and bad days tonight it was a bad one i had to be hoisted to bed tomorrow might be a better day.

Keep smiling!🙂

sarah_irwin
6 months ago

Thank you @ebaldwin
I appreciate you kind words…i feel far from strong today. Im feel quite scared and uncertain about everything.

sarah_irwin
6 months ago

@mmhhpp thank you for the virtual hug. Im filling up now replying to you x

stumbler
6 months ago

@sarah_irwin , MS does like to play these kinds of tricks with us.

It lulls us into a false sense of security and when we feel comfortable, it hits us when we’re not looking.

If you want to shed a tear, then shed a tear. Get it out of the way, then you can regroup and move on.

Sending cyber-hugs.

sarah_irwin
6 months ago

Thank you @stumbler…im trying not to cry…it upsets my 14 year old son too much. I hate the fact i felt so happy 24hrs ago…im worried im losing it! X

lisaneighbour
6 months ago

Hi Sarah
A virtual hug from me too.
I often also feel very vulnerable, alone and tearful. Sometimes I’m in my house surrounded by my lovely family but once in bed, I start to worry about the next relapse. Like you, I’m starting to worry my future, despite normally being so positive. I know we need to be positive, avoid stress and focus on the positive things but sometimes it’s a vicious circle. I’m off work at the moment, which is helping me heal but often makes me feel low. I’ve promised myself tomorrow is going to be a good day! I’m going to find something positive to enjoy and focus on. I hope you manage to sleep well and tomorrow is a new day and a good day for you.
You are not alone.
Lisa
X

sarah_irwin
6 months ago

Thank you @lisaneighbour
Thats exactly how I feel…I know you are right. I need a fresh start tomorrow…lets hope its a better day for both of us x

bernadette
6 months ago

you’re not irrational, and you’re not losing it,and you’re not alone, these are emotions that everyone feels at times. Its a whole other ballgame having to deal with MS and all it involves, it can be so very hard.every.damn.day It makes sense to have such feelings. Personally i have found mindfulness meditation helps, with practice you can even ‘surf the waves’ of the bad feelings that come over you, failing that I find watching comedy and having an early night helps
and tomorrow is a new start
And a virtual hug from me too xx

sarah_irwin
6 months ago

@bernadette I normally love a good laugh so watching something funny on tv makes sense to lift my mood.
Having such lovely heartfelt responses from everyone helps too.
At home i know i have people around me but i often find sharing my feelings and fears with them is often met with blank speechless faces…..hence why it all inside waiting to burst out x

wonders
6 months ago

Huge huge hugs from me too xx
I’ve been in absolute hell these last few weeks waiting for my results and I still am I’m close to breaking point but I push through everyday! This has been the worst time of my whole life and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy tbh.
Just know you are NOT alone and I wish you a better day tomorrow <3 xxx

peterfrancis
6 months ago

@Sarah irwin

I feel down, fatigued, sad and anxious all the time for no reason apart from having and trying to cope with SPMS. I understand that MS does effect emotions but I am just frustrated and pissed of with it all of the time. I do try and take my mind off of it when I can by doing something I enjoy, listening to music or watching a movie/show but even doing those things can sometimes be fruitless as my concentration or vision goes off.

sarah_irwin
6 months ago

Thank you @wonders
I hope you get your results very soon…the waiting around in just awful
Take care x

sarah_irwin
6 months ago

@peterfrancis i am with you about concentration. I often find it impossible to watch anything and concentrate on it. Cant remember what happened in the film anyway.
Music i do love and often find it relaxing x

peterfrancis
6 months ago

@Sarah irwin

I was watching a show on Netflix earlier today, well for about 15 mins or so I was until I lost all focus and interest, could not keep up with it or focus on it.

Will try again tomorrow……. perseverance and all that, lol.

sarah_irwin
6 months ago

I feel your pain @peterfrancis 😃

edmontonalberta
6 months ago

@sarah_irwin

We all have breaking points. I never did growing up but my first night in jail, I silently cried myself to sleep – if openly, they other prisoners would have attacked like a pack of dogs… LOL

When my friend committed suicide, I cried so hard for three days that I ended up dehydrated. After my first wife died, I cried myself to sleep for months; was suicidal for a year. Since then nothing bothers me again; there will never be another pain that hurts as much.

To make a long story short, crying is good. Let it go on as long as it wants until you are exhausted. Let the pain drain from your body. Then start fresh… And if it comes back, repeat…

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.