Last reply 6 months ago
Feeling a bit lost with weird symptoms..

Hi everyone, looking forward to getting to know everyone. I’ve been diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS for 5 years. It’s maybe only now that i have noticed new symptoms other than my trusty old numbness etc etc. I am not sure if the heaviness in my arm is MS pain or the tightness in my waist is down to MS too…. I’ve got MS nurse tomorrow so will see what she says. It’s funny as I never usually feel as lost as this…..but really unsure if these are new symptoms or something unrelated.

Anyways sorry for the moan! It feels good to come out and say it as I guess like alot of us here we just get on with it and don’t tend to talk alot about it. X

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

peterfrancis
6 months ago

Hi Maria, I too experience the heaviness in my arms and shoulders as well as tightness in the waist and torso which is known as the MS-Hug. These are common symptoms of MS so don’t panic you’re not going crazy. There is always the possibility that they could be unrelated to MS but like I say I regularly experience those symptoms too and I have Secondary Progressive MS.

stumbler
6 months ago

Hi @maria8484 , it’s always good to come on here and “unload”. It gets it “off your chest”.

Good luck with your MS Nurse. Let them know how you feel and they can help.

vixen
6 months ago

Hello @maria8484, that made me laugh, your ‘trusty old symptoms’! Yes, when we live with MS day to day, sometimes it’s hard to notice other stuff creeping up and yes, there’s always the chance it’s not MS at all. Is your MS nurse visit related to Tecfidera check up? Hope it’s all OK x

maria8484
6 months ago

Hi everyone thanks so much for all of your kind and helpful comments -it’s really helped reading them through.

I had my MS nurse appointment today which is for tecfidera blood and urine checks. I mentioned symptoms which she said could be due to urine infection and couldn’t really answer whether or not she thought they were linked to MS. I think they are though.
Working from home today and have asked to work again from home tomorrow so hoping rest will help…..i hate rest though….anyone else?!!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.