Last reply 8 months ago
Fatigue help

I am seriously struggling with fatigue right now and am interested to hear how others manage.

I have worked with Occupational Therapy to look at fatigue management when I was first diagnosed but my fatigue levels have dramatically increased since then.

I take Vitamin B12 and use Barroca daily but but late afternoon I am fit for nothing which frustrates me immensely, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
8 months ago

@beanbag , Fatigue is one of the most annoying features. But, energy is similar to money, we have to live within the amount we have got.

If you’re tiring in the afternoon, are you able to have a quick nap in the middle of the day, to recharge your batteries………..

beanbag
8 months ago

@stumbler I am able to grab a nap a couple of days a week.

Living within my means, energy wise is probably something I really need to work on.

stumbler
8 months ago

@beanbag , we’ve all had to, or still are coming to terms with this. Be strong and do what you can, when you can.

potter
8 months ago

I with stumbler on the nap, if I can take a 5-20 minute nap I feel recharged, longer than that has the opposite effect. Potter

vixen
8 months ago

Hello @beanbag. I was 5i king of sending a response so I checked your profile and it is even more relevant. My life has changed totally since summer through following the Keto diet. It doesn’t work for everyone but for me, there is no doubt my energy is up. For the first time since diagnosis a year ago, I get home from work and can additionally do little jobs around the house too. But the main reason I started it, as a total sceptic was due to my misery about weight gain. I couldn’t see a way of ever shifting the 1.5 stone I had put on, given my inability to increase exercise. Also, chocolate and sweets were my comfort and joy and the thought of giving those up was unthinkable. Keto is low carb, medium protein and high fat. To cut a long story short, I started in September and have lost 20 pounds and am not doing ny more exercise than previously. I can’t tell you what it felt like to be blue to fit in my old clothes!

My sister is your age with MS and has kids too. She suffers terribly with fatigue so I am helping her start, although she doesn’t need to lose weight. It’s a bit more tricky if you have kids because obviously they don’t need to be on a Keto diet to lose weight. It’s been tough for me as I don’t eat fish and meat and those are great for Keto. Anyways, if you want any support send me a friend request. Good luck with finding a way for yourself, I hope you energy improves x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.