caterpillar 08/02/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Fampyra for fatigue?

I wonder if anyone has noticed any improvement in fatigue on Fampyra? My neurologist suggested trying it, but as Fampyra is not licenced for fatigue I would have to pay for it myself ( ouch, the price is crazy!). I am somewhat sceptical ( if it has no approval as a treatment for fatigue then it either has not been tested for this indication or has been tested and failed).

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@caterpillar , as far as I’m aware Fampyra does try and address fatigue, especially walking. But, it does not work for everybody!

Yes, it is expensive, but I believe the manufacturers will do the first month for free to allow you to see if it works for you. 😉

naim
3 years ago

@stubler Is it similar to provigil modafinal ?

caterpillar
3 years ago

@stumbler My fatigue is more of the cog fog type, walking is OK most of the time – hence my doubts.

naim
3 years ago

@caterpillar i use modafinal provigal for cognititve word recalling and fatigue – also helps with my running and walking.
But id like to find out more about fampyra and if it can assist with similar.

stumbler
3 years ago

@caterpillar , I was going to suggest Provigil (aka Modafinil) like @naim . 😉

caterpillar
3 years ago

It would be a lot cheaper to use Modafinil for fatigue (it is registered here for the treatment of narcolepsy), so I wondered why the neurologist jumped to Fampyra. But then I read more – Modafinil interacts with oral contraceptives, not good! 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.