Last reply 3 years ago
Fallen over

Hi this morning was the 1st time I’ve fell over hurting my leg and wrist . Only yesterday had a conversation with my Ms nurse who said she carnt change any tablets for my stiff legs till I get a appointment for clinic in May unless she has a councilation I can get in sooner felling very low at the minute x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@Katrina42 , we all have to be more careful. If it isn’t the MS, then it’s because we’re getting older.

Speeding is so over-rated, so go carefully at a pace which allows you to exercise caution. MS is difficult enough to manage on it’s own, without the odd broken bone.

Take care. 😉

Anonymous
3 years ago

Thank u its getting use to my top half my body works better than the bottom half got my crutches now so hopefully no more accidents x

pavo
3 years ago

this used to be a regular event for me but sincr I got crutches it does not happen so much no more bruised knees or bum

Anonymous
3 years ago

Hi Yer crutches r with me all the time as well use them wen I’m out but have to make sure there with me a round the house now x

Hiya @Katrina42 it’s annoying and confidence draining but as long as you’re ok..ish!. I recommend getting a stick or a pair of crutches if you feel that would help you. I always take a stick outdoors as the ground is so uneven in places. As well it says to others……you’re not pi**ed and are actually legitimately off balance!! Unfortunately people do think like that…….I must admit before MS i thought that too!!

Take it easy and slowly at you own pace………no need to rush!

yingyang
3 years ago

yes don’t rush
enjoy the scenery as you go slower
all my family and friends accept that I am slower now but I get there just the same lol

cameron
3 years ago

It’s just so easy to fall! One thing to bear in mind is that you need to get treatment for any injuries. MS being what it is, it’s ultra-important to avoid secondary damage – i.e. your walking might deteriorate as a result of post-fall injury, which will only add to existing (MS) weakness and may become permanent without treatment. This nearly happened to me. After one fall, my heel hurt and didn’t seem to get any better. I went to the physio and it turned out to be a torn tendon. She said I was lucky not to have delayed any longer in coming to see her, because it would have worsened the effects of the MS. She was also instrumental in getting me a brace, which strengthens the leg and deals with the drop foot so I fall less often these days (….never say never, though!!). Take care and remember that, as @stumbler says, it’s not only MS that makes people fall. We are not alone! xx

Anonymous
3 years ago

Thank u all feel realy sore on the side of my leg at min I had spoke to the doctor yesterday and she said to take baclofen in the day I only take it at night so I’m going to give that a go . I was thinking of going to get a massage on my legs do any of u think this is a good thing or not. Thank u all x

stumbler
3 years ago

@Katrina42 , Baclofen is a muscle relaxant, so be careful if you’re taking it through the day. Your legs may be a bit more……..unpredictable! 😉

Anonymous
3 years ago

Realy the doctor said take 1 twice a day and at night do u think that will b to much x

stumbler
3 years ago

@Katrina42 , you have to try it and see. If your legs are stiff through the day, Baclofen will help. But, too much and your legs could become a bit jelly-fied (wobbly).

So, try it and see how it goes. Just take care.

Anonymous
3 years ago

Thank u ill let u no how it gos x

Anonymous
3 years ago

I found long ago that half of a 10mg baclofen every 4 hours gives me better flexibility without too much weakness. This seems to mimic the baclofen pump by manually providing frequent dosing at small levels. The tablets easily break evenly between 2 fingers of one hand. Any more and my legs get rubbery. Try to find the dose that works for you. No one knows better than you making sure not to take more than the max daily dose.

CClaire
3 years ago

But I dropped to sleep three times a day on Baclofen, watch out for that possibility!

Anonymous
3 years ago

Then you might benefit from half doses of Baclofen. Only take if needed. There are other options for controlling spasticity if you find baclofen sedating. Managing MS requires a hands on approach as the condition varies over time and from person to person. Baclofen at 5mg is probably the least sedating drug I take for managing MS symptoms. Good luck at finding what works for you.

Anonymous
3 years ago

Yer I’ve bin fighting the sleep problem today defiantly think just having the 5mg is a better way thank u everyone x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.