Last reply 2 months ago
Fall alarm?

Hi there. Does anyone use a fall alarm & if so do you think the company you use are any good? I currently use a product that doesn’t go off when I falll & I’m obviously looking to change – thank you…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@redd , my Occupational Therapist left me a leaflet for this service. Using the service via the NHS was more expensive than if I went direct!

But, what price for peace of mind……….

redd
2 months ago

Sorry @stumbler I thought I’d replied – thank you, who do you use? I’d be really keen to know

californiadreamin
2 months ago

@redd i don’t know if it would work for you but the Apple Watch 4 is a bit expensive but it does a lot of things including calling emergency services on a hard fall. Here in the us its $10 for cellular service as a add on and it lets you make calls etc. again it’s expensive but compared to $35 a month here in the us for a fall alarm it’s not bad overall. I use one when running but I haven’t had any falls (I don’t have ms so not sure if the type of fall would be different)

stumbler
2 months ago

@redd , I may have been left a leaflet, but I didn’t subscribe to any service. Sorry. 😕

grandma
2 months ago

I have one provided by the council. It’s a pendant worn around the neck. I have to push a button if I fall and I’m on my own (I only wear it when I’m alone) there are 3 levels of help. They call first, if they don’t get an answer, they call the 2nd level (my ex who lives just round the corner) if he’s not in, or miles away they call the emergency services, there is a key box outside which they have the code to and they will give to the emergency services who can then get in the front door. They know about the dogs ( who are very friendly) they have their names so they can give them to the emergency services so there will be less stress all round, my dogs will lie down near me, or sit tail wagging in the hope that someone will help me get up. Cost NIL can’t be bad😍

redd
2 months ago

@grandma @stumbler thank you – @grandma yours sounds exactly what I’m looking for I’ll see what my council offers 😉

guinness
2 months ago

@grandma my mother god rest her soul had the same service provided by the council in Bentilee Staffs was fantastic.

grandma
2 months ago

Guinness, Bentilee is only about 1 m from where I live so I assume it was provided by Stoke-on -Trent city council😍

guinness
2 months ago

@grandma Stoke on Trent city council were absolutely fantastic could not say a bad word, they actually cared

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.