Last reply 9 months ago
Facial Spasm/Twitch

Hi All,

Quick question. Work has been extra stressful recently, I have been asked to work full time again after reducing my hours in Mid-August to 4 days a week and have had to pick up a significant number of duties after someone was fired.

I have become increasingly tired and Today during a particularly stressful situation my Left Cheek started to uncontrollably twitch. It’s very noticeable to people talking to me and is extremely uncomfortable. It’s probably been going for about 12 hours now…. The left side of my face feels a little…. off. Not so much numb but just droopy. That being said it doesn’t look droopy and I can still smile and frown (not Bell’s palsy or anything like that, I don’t think..).

Has this happened to anyone? And whilst I know I am grasping at straws… are there any quick fixes it’s driving me nuts!

I can handle my bicep, butt cheek or thigh twitching which happens regularly but my face is really bothering me!

TIA

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
10 months ago

Whoa…Face droop is a stroke symptom. Better get checked out!

wjgregg
10 months ago

I’m no doctor, but I very much doubt that you have had a stroke (although a visit to a doctor wouldn’t go amiss). I don’t know what job you do, but it seems that it is not doing your health any good. In my day they were called personnel, but may now be called “human resources”. A visit to them is essential, to make them aware of the situation. Your employer should not be putting your health at risk.

ant1975
9 months ago

@ashory . I have facial slump which seriously affects my ability to smile . Sometimes struggle with my speech . As you say it can make you self conscious as I work in a busy office . I was told it was MS related and had an MRI scan which showed it had not been a stroke . So whilst I don’t think you need to panic it’s certainly worth getting it checked out . Good luck and let me know what they say . It would be interesting to know .

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.