Anonymous 15/05/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Eye disturbances

Hello all,

Hope everyone is keeping well just now, and hopefully looking forward to a vitamin D filled summer!

My question is about disturbance in vision. Since my last relapse ive always had black floaters in Mr right eye, but recently they seem to be everywhere, in both eyes, just like floaters but worse- quite hard to ignore on a bright day especially. I’m also really photosensitive.
Does anyone know if this is permanent, likely to just worsen, or if it can go away again? Hopefully the latter is possible …

Many thanks X

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

@tuesdayschild84 , the correct name for this symptom, I believe, is Uveitis.

But, if it is becoming more of a problem, you should report it to your MS Nurse.

Were you prescribed Steroids for your last relapse?

2 years ago

Thanks for replying Stumbler. When I say my last relapse I mean my last major one, back in Feb 2012. I had Diplopia, 6th cranial nerve palsy etc. had high dose Medrone for 5 days and that was the last time ive had steroids for a relapse.

My vision returned but I was left with a black ‘thread’ in my right eye. I’ve had a medicine break to have me little boy, and thankfully haven’t had a big relapse since his birth, but noticing these ‘threads’ and dots all over my eyes now. It’s annoying as hell. I only get about 4 to 5 hours of broken sleep a night because of the baby, so hoping it might improve with more sleep. Would be interested to hear any experiences with this ️Xx

2 years ago

@tuesdayschild84 , it could just be appearing worse as you’re over-tired. That’s the joy of kids – been there, done that!

Try and find a balance between being a Mum and looking after yourself. Try for a nap, when your little boy has a nap. 😉

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.