Last reply 1 year ago
Exercise and pain afterwards!

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what everyone’s experiences with exercise are.
I’ve recently started with a personal trainer in a small gym doing strength and conditioning with mainly weights and weights machines, need to strengthen my bad leg, I find it great as it doesn’t use up energy but for up to 3 days afterwards as well as the usual muscle soreness I’m very very achey! Hoping my body will get used to exercise ?
Anyone else experience this?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@smackie25 , it sounds like the normal pains when you exercise a muscle group that haven’t been worked that hard before.

Try some “deep heat” or something similar as recommended by your pharmacist.

spunky
1 year ago

Hi
It sounds normal to me. Try taking Ibuprofen (Advil) to relieve the muscle pain. It usually hurts more the second day after exercise but in time your muscles hopefully get used to the training and the pain eases up. Keep up the training!!

smackie25
1 year ago

Unfortunately @stumbler it’s definitely not as I get that as well ?

stumbler
1 year ago

@smackie25 , you may be trying to do too much too quickly and your body is protesting.

Try and scale it back a tad and slowly build up. 😉

cameron
1 year ago

I find it depressing that my body is so super-sensitive through the MS that I can’t just assume that I can do exercise safely. It’s completely hit-and-miss: why, for example, can I spend 40 minutes swimming and just feel normal tiredness yet after literally five mins on a cross trainer or exercise bike I get shooting pains in my legs and am lame afterwards? I suspect it may be the same for you. I think you’ll just have to experiment. My physio told me that the moment the exercise starts to hurt is the moment it stops benefiting you…….

hels99
1 year ago

I went to a ‘mainstream’ yoga class the other week and was pretty much destroyed for two days afterwards! 😉 Not just the expected aches, felt quite ill generally. Not sure if this is some sort of MS sensitivity on top of expected aches along the lines of what you’re describing. I do run and do yoga regularly but a more gentle variety!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.