harmonypuss 29/05/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Excruciating pain in thumb

Hi, I was diagnosed with rrms 21yrs ago so I’ve been through enough years and symptoms to know how my body behaves but a couple of months ago I developed a terrible pain in my thumb that kind of feels as though something is broken.

My gp sent me for xrays to rule out fractures and query osteoarthritis, then blogs tests for inflammation querying rheumatism, results came back negative for everything.

Thing is, this pain has got even worse in the past 48hrs, I can’t do anything with that hand (typical it’s my dominant one) that even remotely involves my thumb touching something.

This doesn’t even hint at being along the same lines as any of the problems I’ve had with the MS in the past but I do know there are hundreds of different types of things that can go wrong with our bodies.

Has anyone had this? Any ideas for how to handle the pain (already on tramadol and gabapentin)?

Sorry it’s long-winded but felt it needed explaining xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@harmonypuss , Tendonitis was the first thing that sprung to mind for me :-

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Tendonitis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Does this help at all, as I have no medical credentials whatsoever? And I would have thought your GP should have considered this already! 😉

harmonypuss
3 years ago

Thanks for this but I’ve not injured myself, it’s not worse in the morning, no lumps, etc, the only thing that fits is the inability to move the joint or pain when I can move it and then it hurts like hell.

I’ll give it a couple more days and see the gp again and stamp my feet coz it’s getting worse not better x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.