Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
6 months ago

Yes, I swim, best all round exercise especially if you have ms there are things you can do in the water you can’t do on land. You don’t even have to be able to swim, just paddling around in shallow end and floating around and sculling with your hands😍 Jill

stumbler
6 months ago

@bonang1975 , you should read this article on exercise :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/exercise

stephz
6 months ago

Hi @bonang1975

I started running again doing my local ParkRun and recently joined a club – I really can feel the difference for my fatigue levels and overall alertness.

I also do stretches in the morning using the Sworkit app which just gets rid of any stiffness – I combine that with exercises I got from my MS physio.

On top of that I go to BodyBalance once a week which I really enjoy. I recently tried curling – as tater session for people with MS from the MS Society Scotland and I will definitely go to the beginner class and think about joining a club.

Research shows how important aerobic exercise is for brain health and to help with fatigue. I think you need to find something you like so you keep going & something you can do with different fatigues levels. Start easy and build up your exercise.

cokeontherocks
6 months ago

I’m still doing Kickboxing a couple times a week, and I walk the track for an hour on the other days. My balance is starting to wobble a little, so picking up Yoga is really helpful.
Its important to stay active and it will for sure help with the fatigue.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.