Last reply 1 month ago
Essential oils

Has anyone had any success with essential oils as treatment ? I’ve recently started diffusing lavendar and euciliptis at night . And rubbing in small amounts of frankensense and myrrh onto my chest and shoulders (with a carrier). i’m secretly hoping a develop a golds. touch 🙂

I do feel some benefit, but than can always be true of anything related to general well-being , and it’s too early to say for sure. Just wondered if anyone had any good long term experience! I’m willing to try anything better than injecting toxins into my body (i’m still on rebif)

Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

Hi @tomsoshi and welcome.

There’s been a few previous mentions of essential oils. You can locate them using the Forum Search function (magnifying glass, top left) and searching for “essential oil”. 😉

tomsoshi
1 month ago

Thanks! newbie here (forum, not MS). i will check it out !

strictlysoca
1 month ago

I think you might find that overdose of essential oils is also toxic. Accordingly aromatherapy is very cautious with some oils which cannot be used in pregnancy.

If you’re not happy with Rebif perhaps you could discuss with a medical professional despite the limits in Sing. It’s not very effective. Is it worth next time you in the UK getting a private consult?

Welcome

vixen
1 month ago

Hi @tomsoshi, welcome to Shift. I don’t use essential oils bodily, but have regular massage with a wonderful practitioner who does. I have used oil burners for decades. Whatever people say or disclaim about oils, nothing beats the smell of coming through the door and being enveloped by rose geranium or lemongrass. That feelgood factor is priceless 🙂

strictlysoca
1 month ago

I’m all about the aromatherapy btw. Definitely feel good factor and I think it can help with depression and stress which MSers have to bear .just not as a disease modifier 🤔 in the clinical sense.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.