Anonymous 07/04/17
Last reply 10 months ago
ESA reassessment

Hi all.
Today I recieved a letter from DWP informing me I need to fill out a questionare and that there is a potential for a face to face assessment to be caried out for ESA. I have been in recieving esa for about 5 years and was deemed my MS was to aggressive to be placed in the work group. Last year I had a pip assessment carried out at home which resulted in me staying in both the highest care and mobility brackets.
I thought ESA reassessments had been scrapped for people with MS and other similar conditions.
Of course I will complete and send the form back but wanted to ask if any of you know why it would have been sent in the first place?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
10 months ago

Anonymous
10 months ago

Thats one of the same articles I read. I called them and they said that at the moment reassessments are still being done and that scrapping them was “just an idea” and “could change in the future as its something we’re looking into doing”.

stumbler
10 months ago

red-suzuki
10 months ago

Must admit @Anonymous Did wonder why I got a ESA form through the post? I haven’t been able to work for a year or so now, went to job centre + when I first moved into area Late 2015 & could not find anything, but did get some volunteer Fire Fighters work to help with Posters, Invites, Tickets production design & artwork, which kind of classed as work, so at the time got the basic ESA, but that ESA ended a year ago and so recently filled in forms for my now basic Disability PIP allowance, so did wonder why ESA sent new forms to fill in last week? I did not ask to go on ESA….they got quite shirty I hadn’t sent the form back to them, so filled them in & sent them off anyway!!….am now at a loss why???…thought they were both DWP?

lilbird
10 months ago

@red-suzuki

Never make the mistake of assuming that any of these departments communicate with one another because they quite literally never do!

red-suzuki
10 months ago

Yeah @lilbird its looking more and more that way….will see what happens next? 😉 Red

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.