ryanwill94 21/02/18
Last reply 4 months ago
Esa Assessment?

Hi all! Wandering if anyone has gone through the esa assessment? I currently get it but they want to see me for one. I don’t know what to expect? I get really anxious about things like this.. I’m not doing very good physically or mentally so was wandering if anyone had any tips or advice I would really appreciate it.. Thankyou in advance

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@ryanwill94 , you should register and read the advice available at :-

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

tootes
4 months ago

Do look at the comments on the recent PIP application thread. Many of the points there will also apply to ESA assessments. And if you can speak to your local CAB branch, or ask your MS nurse if there is a local organisation which you could speak to for help and tips. In Edinburgh there is Grapevine.

My advice is don’t assume your assessor knows you condition, don’t be afraid to spell out just how hard things can be. And do say that MS is a degenerative condition, and as you have a fluctuating condition you can vary from day to day. That your bad days out number your good days, as they are looking for anything you mention happens more than 50% of the time.

And if you fall, trip, slip, cut scald yourself etc…. do bring this up. If you do anything that causes pain do say…..

Good luck.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.