Last reply 6 years ago
Epilepsy & Multiple Sclerosis

Hi is there anybody out there that has epilepsy and also has MS? I’m just finding it difficult to figure out whether some of the things that I am experiencing has to do with the epilepsy or the MS. It’s very frustrating because you feel as if you’re crazy. Please reply if you do?!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Gav
6 years ago

I got my epilepsy ‘badge’ at the end of last year, who’d have though ms can cause siezures too? Makes sense I suppose, only had two so far, when did you get ‘upgraded’ with your MS?

mschronic
6 years ago

Mine’s the other way around I had epilepsy since I was a kid but the MS thing came later- SHOCK HORROR!!! So I did know you could get seizures but sometimes my neuro will say ‘it’s the epilepsy not the MS that’s causing that’ and I think ‘HUH!’ How are we supposed to sniff out what we have if they both have similar effects

Gav
6 years ago

I think that kind of stuff, unfortunatly, just takes time and experience. If ever you’ve got a question though, you can always post it on here or message me 🙂

T
6 years ago

reddivine
6 years ago

YES, i have had epilepsy since my teens and MS since mid 90’s.
Bit of a funny time with diagnosis as at 1st they thought it was side effects of the epilepsy drugs….
Marvellous, 2 conditions that are uncurable…bit shitty ain’t it.
I find that the epilepsy if a bigger prob in OTHER ppl’s eyes.
Travel insurance? 2 questions for MS, 20 for the epilepsy.
Cannot hire a scooter for the MS because of the epilepsy. same with motorised wheelie. So manual, but then you must plead/pay someone to PUSH it!
Whereas, personaly, the MS is more of a problem day-to-day and in practical terms. Can’t drive, employers won’t touch u with bargepole…
Keep taking the tablets and contact if yr feeling down

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.