Last reply 3 weeks ago
Energy needed

I tried Amantadine and it didn’t work. It didn’t help with my energy and it made my muscles extra loose. I had 0 coordination. I felt like I was trying to walk on jello if that makes sense. I need help walking because I’m afraid of falling. My insurance turned down adderall and modafinil. It also helps to mention I have add. I feel like I’m at a loss. Advice please?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mlgilber1
3 weeks ago

Are you still taking ampyra?

joshua_schult
3 weeks ago

My ADHD meds Vyvanse help with no energy

rachschader93
3 weeks ago

I am taking amprya but my insurance would only give me a generic so I was with it it for a few weeks. I thought amprya was a placebo pill but after it had time to build in my system it really is helping. I’m gonna talk to my doctor about a new energy med and see what they can do. I found out how the coupons work from my sister on the goodrx.com so I’m thinking I may have to fork out some change to get the medication.

mlgilber1
3 weeks ago

That’s good the ampyra is helping. Wish it wasn’t so expensive. I never even started taking it and my infusions have helped tremendously especially with walking. I’m faster and don’t need my walker. I’ve been debating on trying it since it says it can help with balance and energy, but so many people complain about the price when they had to switch insurances so I don’t want to become dependent on it if anything were to happen. Did you notice it helping with your energy/ fatigue?

rachschader93
3 weeks ago

That’s good to hear that ocrevus is helping. I didn’t notice or feeling with fatigue but walking most definitely. My insurance covers it at 100% so I can’t say anything about prices but I was defiantly work the try.

rachschader93
3 weeks ago

That’s good to hear that ocrevus is helping. I didn’t notice a change with fatigue but walking most definitely. My insurance covers it at 100% so I can’t say anything about prices but It was defiantly work the try.** autocorrect Is getting on my nerves

stumbler
3 weeks ago

Ampyra is a time-release formulation of 4-aminopyridine (4-AP). In America, you should be able to find a compounding pharmacist that could supply 4-AP at a cheaper price than Ampyra.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.