Last reply 6 months ago
Dwp refused capitas assessment!!

Hi all just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I was assessed mid feb by capita for my pip claim I’ve been waiting since for a decision I received a letter from dwp 3 weeks ago saying they had all the info they need ,then this morning I’ve been told by capita that I have to have another gruelling assessment because the dwp said the assessment was not good enough ..I haven’t been able to stop crying I suffer from RRMS and have had a bad time this year with new symptoms I also have a rare congenital heart defect that wasn’t found till my mid 30s that has left me fighting heart failure and valve regurgitation I’m disgusted that this has happened just when you think the process and stress is over it comes back with avengence ! how are they allowed to keep doing this to people ?! Any advice or places I can contact for help gratefully received.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

wjgregg
6 months ago

Dear Magi,

Yes, it is a disgrace but sadly you are by far the only person who has been treated this way by people who do not know what they are doing. I would fire a shot across their bows. Have you been in contact with your M.P.? try to get them involved. Your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau (if it hasn’t been shut down due to cuts) would also be a good place to visit.

You are not alone.

Good luck, and best wishes,

Jon

magi
6 months ago

Thanks for your reply I’ve not contacted my mp yet but have been in touch with scope who say they’ve never heard of anything like it ! Will get in touch with dwp when they sort their systems out, if I’m not happy with the answers I will be contacting my MP

stumbler
6 months ago

@magi , I agree with the above regarding involving your MP, but you should also follow the Capita complaints procedure to give them the opportunity to respond. You can find details of the procedure here :-

http://www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

However, I would primarily contact the DWP to ask them why a further assessment has been requested:-

https://www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline

@magi , that’s awful. I have my medical tomorrow so I hope mine doesn’t result in the same thing. The stress of filling in the forms and waiting for this medical has already stressed me out plenty!!

grandma
6 months ago

Hi Magi, I had exactly the same with Capita, they took all my DLA away, I was on the highest level and had been for 24 years. I put in an appeal straight away with the help of CAB. I now have to attend a tribunal to get my enhanced back, they took my car 7 weeks ago after 19 years of Mobility cars, but apparently I am not disabled enough to keep it. I have 2pms and cancer and am 62, how disabled does one have to be? I have got my basic back with back pay to the date it was taken away.

Get anyone and everyone involved. MP, local press, GP, anyone you can think of. Disability Solutions are supposed to be coming with me to the tribunal, they are the only people who do this for free any more, the government have withdrawn all funding from other organisations I.e. MS Society Age Concern, CAB etc. So unless you are very rich and can afford legal representation you’ve had it..

This is another example of our wonderful government’s way to save moneye inby targetting the most vulnerable in society. Be like me, fight back, don’t get upset, get mad it helps! I posted the good news when I got the basics back and I am planning on doing the same WHEN I get the enhanced back but it might be a long time cos I understand it takes 6-8 months for your. tribunal to be heard.

magi
6 months ago

Thanks guys for letting me rant .. I’ve just got off the phone to dwp who have informed me that my case was put in audit ! Which researching has led me to think that it’s a random picking to see if the assessor was doing their job properly .ive rang capita who then said its to see if anything has changed since my last assessment!! I told them I’ve not even had my decision from that assessment then she said that the assessor hadn’t got all the info needed during her 1hr 30 probing and that I have to have another assessment can’t help but think I’m being told porkies ! I’m sick of writing and reading the word assessment but hey the desired effect of the dwp has taken effect and I’m now in bed again unable to do anything feeling terrible but I have my wheelchair assessment on Wednesday to look forward to ..not 🙁 there’s that bloody word again

stumbler
6 months ago

@magi, here’s an anonymous post from a member:-

“@magi it is likely that the DWP don’t like the assessors report and it conflicts with what your application says. This is showing the DWP don’t agree 100% with the assessors comments and do look at your comments as well”

The member is worried about being identified by non-Forum parties.

magi
6 months ago

Not sure if that’s reassuring or not ….They need to start taking into account the detrimental effect that all this has on our long term health I have thought of nothing but losing my independence through losing so called independence payments . I cannot see what capita could have written that was so different to what I wrote about myself unless they think I’m lying is it possible to get a copy ? Does anyone know

magi
6 months ago

Stallionicchampionic good luck for tomorrow hope all goes to plan fingers and toes crossed for you !

stumbler
6 months ago

@magi , I have always been concerned about the damage that stress can cause to our MS.

I did tackle my local MP on a few issues about the reassessment. You can read it all here :-

https://shift.ms/forums/topic/dlapip-reassessment-for-uk-readers

As far as getting a copy of Capita’s report, this should be made available under the requirements of the Data Protection Act.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.