novemberrain 03/04/18
Last reply 2 months ago
DVLA approval

After an arduous 14 months in Norfolk with 2 young’uns and no driving licence (epilepsy caused by benign MS diagnosed last Feb) I have been granted a 3 year licence this morning 😁 the silver lining after a year of clouds (much like Easter weekend in the UK!) Took 5-6 weeks from application to this, for anyone who is doing this now. Reasons to be cheerful 😎 vroooom 🚘

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
2 months ago

What a lovely victory! Well done you, happy and safe driving to you! X

novemberrain
2 months ago

Thank you @vixen 😚

grandma
2 months ago

What good news, puts my battle over mobility car one strep closer to know someone is listening!

novemberrain
2 months ago

@grandma I know my neuro was proactive in helping get this sorted. I called DVLA and neuro along the way but they seemed in control of everything. Just updated me on progress. The waiting game, we’ll, it was worth it 😊

stumbler
2 months ago

@novemberrain , what great news to start the week.

Take care on the roads. 😉

novemberrain
2 months ago

Thank you @stumbler good job it didnt arrive 2 days ago or I’d have thought I’d been set up 🤣 I will try my best to be safe. Job application is next on my list for an improved 2018…

ruggermad
2 months ago

congratulations @novemberrain

must be a huge weight off your mind getting your driving licence back. I get very anxious every three years knowing that I have to reapply for my licence and hope that my doctor completes the form correctly and on time.

Good luck job hunting!

novemberrain
2 months ago

Thank you @ruggermad. The job is there and waiting. Need to brush up on my Good Clinical Practice knowledge. Let’s hope my memory can retain all it needs to from when I worked on it several years ago. We shall see…carpe diem 😊

seanachai
2 months ago

Happy days @novemberrain

Get your motor running…. take care not to burn that clutch and gear stick out going crazy 🙂

novemberrain
2 months ago

Wow the concern about my driving is quite touching! I always wanted to be a rally driver 😂 think it’s time to put that particular dream to bed 😣 but as there are only about 3 speed cameras in the whole of Norfolk and I only have to worry about tractors and small children you’d take advantage surely 😉😂 Thanks @seanachai I will get into high gear as soon as I can so revs are kept to a minimum

novemberrain
2 months ago

Btw the small children being my own. Hope I didnt cause any offence 🤔

novemberrain
2 months ago

Well well well. Licence. Check. Insurance. Check. Dropped husband at work no probs. Those small children? The smallest threw up on the way back home. Who needs a car?! And no I wasn’t driving at breakneck speed 😉 time for my good friend Mr Bleach

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.