lina 24/12/14
Last reply 3 years ago

The dvla have had a report from my neuro I have to send my paper licence to them to be issued with a new photo card licence and a 3 yearly licence. Is this the procedure even though my neuro said I was ok to drive even though my Gabapentin does not cause me to be drowsy now.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

3 years ago

Its standard procedure to be issued with a 3 year licence yes. If you have HGV entitlement you will lose that and need a medical to get it back. Another kick in the teeth I know but once its done its done. You will be asked to renew in 3 years time.

3 years ago

@lina , this is standard practice. You should have advised the DVLA about your diagnosis, but you need someone to advise you of this.

It just allows the DVLA to contact your GP and Neuro to confirm your ability to drive. The 3 year expiry allows the DVLA to monitor you.

So, just a bit of procedure. Nothing to stop you enjoying Xmas. 😉

3 years ago

Thanks @Stumber and @sandwich got over it now just wish that I had been explained it by DVLA it was just a shock getting the letter even though I had told the DVLA.

3 years ago

Hi @lina I had the same thing happen and now have my 3 year licence.. 🙂

3 years ago

Hi guys, I’m a long time listener first time caller!
I’m currently arguing with the DVLA over my licence which they revoked at the Start of December. Long story short they do not always contact your health care provider (doc,Neuro..) about your case when you submit your renewal and base their decision on your medical declaration form, even ignoring a cover note you may attach explaining your answers.
Word of advice, never say sleeping pills make you drowsy (of course they do!) As this is instant ban!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.