bobby2000 05/04/18
Last reply 2 weeks ago
DVLA

Hi can someone please advise as I have now been offered a 3 year licence. I have had no relapses or issues for Past 5 years. My neuro also says no issues with driving. Fully mobile. I heard you can be given 5 years licences. I am now going to write to Dvla and ask why I haven’t been offered this. Any advise?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

Hi @bobby2000 and welcome. I wouldn’t waste your time, your paper or the cost of a stamp.

The DVLA make the rules, so we have to abide by them. In a way, it’s comforting that the DVLA are trying to be diligent in keeping us safe by keeping the medically unfit off the roads. 😉

novemberrain
2 weeks ago

I just got my 3 yr licence and I’m thrilled to just be able to drive tbh (have epilepsy as well as benign MS). Either way you’ll still have to reapply further down the line. Perhaps the discussion between neuro and DVLA suggested 3 year over 5?

rambles
2 weeks ago

Hi Bobby2000. I understand your reaction and initially went through a similar thought process on being given a three licence. But do you want the potential stress? We are told stress is bad for us; that is certainly is the case for me, and others with MS from what I read. I’d find ‘battling’ the DVLA stressful … and not worth it when granted a licence anyway, albeit for 3 and not 5 years. But all the best with whatever you decide to do – and as little stress as possible! ☺

ebaldwin
2 weeks ago

I’ve got a 3 year licence, It took me awhile to get it because I was scared my neurologist would say no to me driving.However the £1000 fine and jail time if I had a crash did it for me.Im coming up to my last year of my licence I thought it would be my neurologist who decided if I could get another licence but nope DVLA. If I could get a 5 year one that would be amazing.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.