Last reply 9 months ago
Drop, Pickup, Repeat

Does anyone else get frustrated when you drop something, pick it up only to drop the ****ing thing again.
Usually after the 2nd time i have over balanced and I am heading for the nearest thing to grab and catch my balance?
Sorry I had to share its frustrating me today, some days just grrrrrrrrrrr

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

finn15
9 months ago

@nrl321 grrrrr indeed, get that some days too, usually a drink, hahaha

clairg1
9 months ago

Oh yes all the bloody time!! It’s very annoying 🀬

grandma
9 months ago

All the time, despite living in The Potteries, and had a Mum who worked for Wedgwood for 40 years so I have more China dinner services than you can shake a stick ar (but you’ll probably drop that as well) I have replaced them all with plastic, I am back to drinking out of a baby cup with lid, good thing
I’m a grandma!

bullman
9 months ago

A grab stick to pick things up reduces the risk of falling. Plastic cups with lids useful too.

Neil

stumbler
9 months ago

Dropping things is a fact of nature. It’s just that the b***** things always manage to roll just out of an easy distance to pick up!

petlamb
9 months ago

nrl321

Yep – happens ALL the time to me. So bloody annoying! I agree with @bullman – a grab stick is a great item to have. I find mine extremely useful. Except when I drop it of course. Like I do. REGULARLY. GRRRR! 🀣

lilbird
9 months ago

Absolutely @nrl321 all the damn time! In all honesty this is how i first found out i had l’hermittes, early days of diagnosis not yet having adjusted to how easily I would drop things I was still trying to work on autopilot. Soon learned that that was no longer an option & that using my hands from now on was going require considerably more concentration. Anyway on this particular occasion I dropped something whilst trying to pick it out from a wall cupboard, I didn’t have a proper grip on it & it fell & rolled across a worktop knocking off other items as if went, although I could see the outcome of this path of destruction I realised there was no point in trying to intervene as I didn’t have the control & so i watched in quiet frustration as it played out in front of me. As the last few items clattered to a halt I let out a sigh & dropped my head onto my chest… & then, ooo that was a weird sensation! 😊

edmontonalberta
9 months ago

@nrl321

Maybe I have the wrong attitude; but I just laugh when that happens. My car keys are always dropping, I have to focus when holding plates or utensils.

The good news is that I have never dropped a beer yet… LOL

lilbird
9 months ago

Haha I wonder if there’s a potential scientific study in the likelihood of dropping keys versus beer @edmontonalberta πŸ˜„

nrl321
9 months ago

I am just quietly having a laugh because I can relate to all the replies.
@grandma yes we no longer have full sets of plates, bowls, glass, or casserole dishes (yes I have smashed them as well) I am now using homewares that have a bit of bounce in them LOL.
A grab stick sounds like a great idea thanks @bullman and @stumbler yes everything is ALWAYS just out of reach its amazing how that’s the case?
@edmontonalberta maybe in days gone by I may have dropped beer while trying to pick up my house keys and repeated that lots of times while leaning against a door but that was more a consumption than MS? LOL

Thanks all

Anonymous
9 months ago

Oh it can be super frustrating @nrl321 – I took out a sandwich display in M&S once due to balance issues. I thought it was more acceptable to say that I had a drink with lunch than to admit the truth lol

lilbird
9 months ago

Oh dear, I’m so sorry @avrilt but that really made me laugh. I’d have died of embarrassment! Was it busy?

Anonymous
9 months ago

HaHa @lilbird I’m glad I could make you laugh – I see the funny side now too. It was so busy, your typical lunchtime rush. A very nice man did help me up, the worst part for me was I ended up buying a sandwich I didn’t even like in my hurry to get away lol πŸ˜‚

lilbird
9 months ago

Oh no! I think I’d have done exactly the same thing πŸ˜‰ I’m glad you can laugh at it now, I think I’d be permanently traumatised by sandwiches πŸ˜‚ bless you 😊

nutshell88
9 months ago

Sometime I feel kinda less but gogglr with whoever os with me and turn it to a laugh but if close person i tell them thays MS.

I feel weak sometimes when I cant figure how to open bread or something else like
Things don’t fall of my hands so often but it used to happen in the past and its still not 100% strong lets say 98%
And if I was sitting or walking awkward yea they things of me and I feel angry just some sort of weird trapped causing me trapped incidence on my chest.
When I have termes of tea or coffee I can not poor it in a cup while standing I must put the cup on a tray while I’m sitting down
Poor it and it drops on the tray 60% of the times.

I’m quiet thine considering my age I eat two lil meals a day sometime 3
Maybe my weight loss is another cause of my weak nerves but I have MS for 13 yrs I’m thankful for god for keeping it peaceful till now and not paralyzing me in any form.

I hope this weakness leaves you and all of us entirely soon

Be safe
R

lorag
9 months ago

Yes and yes have smashed many plates and cups. My mobile I had to put a tuff cover on it. Can’t afford another phone. Ha ha I just laugh and go buy cheap plates and cups to replace.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.