Last reply 10 months ago
Driving license

Morning all. Well i have been allowed to keep my driving license under 3 year medical review so thats good news. Bad news is i have to fill application forms in and supply a new passport sized photo – cant wait for that lol. Does anybody know if i can still drive after i have sent back form with current photo driving license enclosed or do i have to wait until new one comes through x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

rea
10 months ago

Hello,
You can still drive while you are waiting on new license. Same happened to me. When you need to renew in 3 yrs you can drive while awaiting their decision unless they tell you otherwise.

linzzzi
10 months ago

Thank you @rea i thought that but just needed to double check x

stallionicchampionic
10 months ago

Hi @linzzzi ,

I second that, I’ve had mine renewed a couple of times and you just carry on as normal. The DVLA can take months to get the new one back to you!!

rotherhamdave
10 months ago

My 3 year licence expires in November. I’m new to this. Do they send stuff through post or do it online?

stallionicchampionic
10 months ago

@rotherhamdave now you’re asking…..can’t remember!! I think it was in the post but I think you have the option of doing it online if you don’t have to change your picture.

rotherhamdave
10 months ago

rea
10 months ago

DVLA will send you a “lovely reminder “ & lengthy questionnaire then take forever while they check that you’re safe to be on the roads. No good making up your replies as they check with neuro😂.
It doesn’t cost to renew & you can change your photo for free x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.