Last reply 1 month ago
Driving license

Morning all. Well i have been allowed to keep my driving license under 3 year medical review so thats good news. Bad news is i have to fill application forms in and supply a new passport sized photo – cant wait for that lol. Does anybody know if i can still drive after i have sent back form with current photo driving license enclosed or do i have to wait until new one comes through x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

rea
1 month ago

Hello,
You can still drive while you are waiting on new license. Same happened to me. When you need to renew in 3 yrs you can drive while awaiting their decision unless they tell you otherwise.

linzzzi
1 month ago

Thank you @rea i thought that but just needed to double check x

Hi @linzzzi ,

I second that, I’ve had mine renewed a couple of times and you just carry on as normal. The DVLA can take months to get the new one back to you!!

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

My 3 year licence expires in November. I’m new to this. Do they send stuff through post or do it online?

@rotherhamdave now you’re asking…..can’t remember!! I think it was in the post but I think you have the option of doing it online if you don’t have to change your picture.

rotherhamdave
1 month ago

rea
1 month ago

DVLA will send you a “lovely reminder “ & lengthy questionnaire then take forever while they check that you’re safe to be on the roads. No good making up your replies as they check with neuro😂.
It doesn’t cost to renew & you can change your photo for free x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.