Last reply 4 months ago
Drinking alcohol

So I have seen a lot about everyone drinking when they have MS Now I’ll admit I drink and i smoke (yes I’ve been told about the benefits of quiting smoking) haha but there’s no solid proof that drinking and smoking causes/makes MS worse (that I’ve been told about) … and what I want to know is is there any solid proof that it makes MS worse? I mean I know I’m only 24 but I like going out and having a good time but if that’s going to cause me relapses (which I don’t want to happen) I don’t want to do it and I’ll quit everything haha thanks in advance xx any advice would be much appreciated and you all are wonderful people xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
4 months ago

@kimb640 I got told alcohol isn’t a problem but nicotine does have issues with MS, but also after a heavy night out alcohol acts as a depresent especially with people with MS. I have given up smoking but I still drink on a regular basis but am thinking knocking that on the head next year, the hangovers destroy me!!

doubleo7hud
4 months ago

Makes the bloody hangover worse my heads still banging from Friday night 😂, might be me age tho since hitting 30 iv got hairy ears, nostrils and fecking multiple SclerosARSE.

stumbler
4 months ago

@kimb640 , you know the evil weed is bad for you, don’t you?

Well, here’s the MS angle:-

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2013/03/smoking-increases-your-chance-of.html

There are numerous additional links at the foot of the page too.

And, here’s some articles on alcohol, which make better reading:-

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/search?q=alcohol

peterfrancis
4 months ago

@kimb640

I have not heard or seen any definitive proof or evidence that says outright that Drinking Alcohol and Smoking Cigs/Weed is 100% guaranteed to make your MS worse. Don’t some medical professionals speak of the benefits of taking Cannabis?… Seems to be a lot of conjecture and opinionated medics forcing their own opinions upon Patients, claiming them to be 100% factual when they are not.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.