danielle_sugden 20/04/17
Last reply 10 months ago
Don't know if i have ms or not

In last couple of month I’ve had 2 episodes of spasms, tingling in both arms and legs. So went to the doctors and awaiting brain scan and an appointment for the neurologist. I don’t really know what to make of it all but i cant stop thinking of the what ifs.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
10 months ago

Hi @danielle_sugden and welcome.

Life is full of what-ifs, for everybody.

Spasms and tingling could be symptoms of MS, but they could also be symptomatic of various other things too, from a simple vitamin deficiency forwards. Your Doctor has decided that they believe it’s neurological by nature, hence the MRI scan and referral.

I should imagine that you’re spending a lot of time trying to self-diagnose the situation. This is not a good idea, as Dr. Google will find you all manner of horror stories.

So, the best thing you can do is put your legs up and take things a bit easier. And, do try not to spend your whole life worrying about things that may never happen.

danielle_sugden
10 months ago

@stumbler thanks i know i shouldn’t google and all the rest of it, but its easier said than done. I am however gonna try putting it out of my mind until there is anything (if there’s anything!) to indeed worry about.

stumbler
10 months ago

@danielle_sugden , you’ll find that if you can turn off the anxiety/stress, then things will probably get better.

Stick your head into some chick-lit and let your imagination work on that instead. 😉

danielle_sugden
10 months ago

Haha thankyou for your advice @stumbler

george1960
10 months ago

Hi, Danielle I am in a similar situation, I’ve got appt. next month with a Neurologist. MS is constantly on my mind, I’ve tried reading and keeping my mind busy but I can’t concentrate on anything. I have told my husband, my grown up daughters and my sisters I’ve been referred to hospital but I haven’t mentioned MS. I realise as well I may not get any answers anytime soon, I think this not knowing is possibly the hardest thing to cope with x

stumbler
10 months ago

@george1960 , the comments for Danielle apply to you too.

MS is no longer the taboo condition from the past. It is now a manageable condition.

So, please don’t spend your whole life worrying about things that may never happen. 😉

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.