danielle_sugden 20/04/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Don't know if i have ms or not

In last couple of month I’ve had 2 episodes of spasms, tingling in both arms and legs. So went to the doctors and awaiting brain scan and an appointment for the neurologist. I don’t really know what to make of it all but i cant stop thinking of the what ifs.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @danielle_sugden and welcome.

Life is full of what-ifs, for everybody.

Spasms and tingling could be symptoms of MS, but they could also be symptomatic of various other things too, from a simple vitamin deficiency forwards. Your Doctor has decided that they believe it’s neurological by nature, hence the MRI scan and referral.

I should imagine that you’re spending a lot of time trying to self-diagnose the situation. This is not a good idea, as Dr. Google will find you all manner of horror stories.

So, the best thing you can do is put your legs up and take things a bit easier. And, do try not to spend your whole life worrying about things that may never happen.

danielle_sugden
1 year ago

@stumbler thanks i know i shouldn’t google and all the rest of it, but its easier said than done. I am however gonna try putting it out of my mind until there is anything (if there’s anything!) to indeed worry about.

stumbler
1 year ago

@danielle_sugden , you’ll find that if you can turn off the anxiety/stress, then things will probably get better.

Stick your head into some chick-lit and let your imagination work on that instead. 😉

danielle_sugden
1 year ago

Haha thankyou for your advice @stumbler

george1960
1 year ago

Hi, Danielle I am in a similar situation, I’ve got appt. next month with a Neurologist. MS is constantly on my mind, I’ve tried reading and keeping my mind busy but I can’t concentrate on anything. I have told my husband, my grown up daughters and my sisters I’ve been referred to hospital but I haven’t mentioned MS. I realise as well I may not get any answers anytime soon, I think this not knowing is possibly the hardest thing to cope with x

stumbler
1 year ago

@george1960 , the comments for Danielle apply to you too.

MS is no longer the taboo condition from the past. It is now a manageable condition.

So, please don’t spend your whole life worrying about things that may never happen. 😉

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.