Last reply 4 months ago
Dog loss

Crying my eyes out. Losing both dogs this week. It has all happened so quickly. I have been struggling for a while, mentioned it to the ex other half when he came to walk them on Wednesday morning. When they came back from their walk he announced that he was taking Fred, the older one who is more us 10 1/2, CIA he couldn’t stand to see him in a kennels at his age cos he didn’t deserve it, I said you can’t, you’re not allowed dogs in your council owned disabled flat, he has negotiated with them, cos they all know Freddie already and he’s such a Gent, they have agreed he can stay there until the end of his days. Bronte, the younger female is being picked up by Dogs Trust on Wed 2nd unless I have made alternative arrangements by then. Saw my ms Nurse yesterday, she has arranged for a ‘hospital bed’ to be delivered as I can no longer sleep lying down as the choke reaction has gone, and tired of bits if wood and v shaped pillows which no longer cut it, she could see I was distressed and when I told her why, she made me email a picture if the dogs and she is putting Bronte on social media and having done the hospital first we are living in hope but it doesn’t stop me crying. Anyone on this site got an energetic young family who would love to walk and play with a perfectly trained, knobbled, young female Airedale who loves people, cuddles, treats, but will pinch food if it’s left at the front of the kitchen worktop!😂🐕

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
4 months ago

@grandma, what a sad story, don’t know what to say…..you need to look after yourself at the moment, lots of treats and nice things. At least you will still have Fred clos around. Lots of love……

stumbler
4 months ago

So sorry to read this, @grandma . I know what your dogs mean to you.

grandma
4 months ago

Thanks @vixen & @stumbler a problem shared and all that. Yes, I will see Freddy a couple of times a week, but really hoping for a happy home for Bronte, she’s such a loving happy girl, but very energetic, and she moves so fast and has tripped me up a couple of times, not intentionally I might add, but living on my own, and having a council pendant around my neck, you feel such a fool when you have to ring them for help when the dog has tripped you up👹😫😍

brian-h
4 months ago

That’s awful @grandma, dogs are such great companions. Chin up.

merfield
4 months ago

@grandma, I feel for you,I really do : I have the sweetest little fluffy rescue dog who will be going over to Croatia once an apartment becomes available in the local Almshouses. She will live with my previous carer whom she adores- it’s mutual. But I’m dreading when the time comes. Can’t bear the thought of her going but needs must- I cannot afford live-in care much longer. I’ll be a wreck- no dog and selling my home😢. Good Luck, stay strong. xx

rivka
4 months ago

I also had to say goodby to my dog, @grandma, it really really hurts. So sorry to read what you are going through.

mamawals
4 months ago

I’m so sorry. I hope Bronte finds a good home soon. Take care of yourself!

lightning87
4 months ago

Do sorry @grandma my thoughts are with you xx

mlgilber1
4 months ago

@grandma I’m so sorry. I would take Bronte in a heartbeat if I lived in the U.K. I’m sure she’ll find a great home and hopefully you can visit from time to time.

lynb
4 months ago

@grandma – really feel for you – not much more I can say other than you have been a great support to the younger msers (I’ve just turned 60 and going to be Granny/Nanny in May 2019). Look after yourself and those you care about. Hopefully you’ll still be able to see your furry friends and they will always remember you. Xxx 🐶

grandma
4 months ago

@lynb congrats on becoming a grandma soon. Best thing since sliced bread as we say in the uk. Joy of grandparenthood is you get to give them back! Mine is 14 now, but nearly always being here, and being quire mobile until this year, I taught her to swim, read, we did fun maths, and was always here for a read of a book, a listen to what had happened at school etc., the joys of the sofa😉😍

lynb
4 months ago

@grandma – thank you! I’m really looking forward to being a granny! I hope 2019 will be a better one for everyone on Shift. X☺

strictlysoca
4 months ago

So sorry to hear this. Take care and give yourself some time to grieve. Hugs

grandma
4 months ago

Great start to the New Year. Spent all yesterday on the phone and e-mail to the Airedale rescue. They are coming to pick Bronte up in the next couple of days, she is going to a very active Pensioner in East Yorkshire, just 5 miles from the coast. Her new mum lost her last one, through old age, just a month ago. She has been very depressed, and the Airedale community has all pulled together, and within 4 hrs Bron had a new home, mum to be was on the phone asking about food, foibles, cuddles etc., and she is so excited. Bronte will gave her own ‘sofa’ to lozak on, loads of cuddles, someone who is are home all day and can play tug with her which I haven’t been able to do for a while. I am still broken hearted but now only 1/2 broken! Have already asked her about caravan sites in the area so when (not if) I get a mobility car back I can go visiting🎉🙏🏻😍

strictlysoca
4 months ago

Woot woot! I was just checking back as I kept thinking about Bronte and if we could take her and actually a perfect home has arrived. I hope that will make it easier to know she is going to be well looked after and may be with a new friend.

All the best in the New Year

vixen
4 months ago

@grandma, well done for making this happen, and lovely that you can still have contact. Shows what a fighter you are, even when it’s for something you don’t really want. 🙂

meg_kingston
4 months ago

Sorry to hear that, @grandma, I know how precious furbabies are. However much you tell yourself it’s best for them, your place will feel very empty. I’m sure a lovely family will come forward for Bronte. hugz

mamawals
4 months ago

So glad Bronte found a home. Hopefully she will be very happy there.

merfield
4 months ago

@grandma – just read through yr posts and I see you’ve found a new home for Bronte….. fantastic! I’m so happy for you. It won’t be easy but you know she’s going to loved cuddled and played with and you’ve met her potential mum…..that’s one happy ending to a sad sad tale. Well done for being proactive. Happy New Year xx

grandma
4 months ago

Just thought I’d let you all know. Bronte was collected a couple oh hours ago by 2 lovelly Airedalers who will be delivering her 300 miles away today. I’m expecting an e-mail later on today from her new mumto say she’s arrived safely and she is in 7th heaven! Thank you all for your support and kind words. I’ll post again when I’ve got some more news🙏🏻🤞😂😍

shona12
4 months ago

@grandma
So sorry but it’s lovely to hear she is 7th Heaven 🙂
(hugs)

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.