Last reply 1 year ago
does the weather make leg spasms worse.?

recently ive been having really sharp leg pains nothing like what i normally experience just a couple of minutes of fuzzy numb sensations but my legs have been spasming alot longer and the feelings arereally instense it hurts all the way down my bottom half of my body. but it seems to happen after a hot bath or shower or after walking for period of time, as the summer is coming i dont want it to get any worse is there anything i can do to help with the pain??, i know avoiding hot places mainly but that cannot not always be the case when i lay on one side of body thats when i seem to feel like that as well and i was just wondering if the weather is linked in making the feelings worse. any advice is much appericated thanks larissa x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @larissajathomas

This may be Uhthoff’s phenomenon. It’s when your body temperature increases and your MS symptoms get worse. There’s some details here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/heat-sensitivity

matic91
1 year ago

yeah the summer is not our best friend 😀 as the temperature is above 30 degrees and i start to sweat there is no way i go somewhere because as you mentioned my legs increasingly start to shake and i loose energy 3 times faster as on rainy days. Normally i go on walks at night or in the evening when the weather is colder and darker.

larissajathomas
1 year ago

thanks for the advice i never knew it was called that this has really helped ill keep it in mind that heat sensivity, can cause my memory and my legs to spasms.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.