Anonymous 20/04/15
Last reply 3 years ago
DMDs

So i have been told i can start DMDs soon….so my question is…..do they limit u? for example can u drive still? …do u need time off work when starting them? etc

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@grazer , DMDs should not limit you, although you need to prepare for some inconvenience from immediate side-effects, which shouldn’t last long.

As with all medications, there should be a warning about whether to avoid driving, although I don’t believe this is the case with DMDs.

As a side issue, you should have advised the DVLA of your diagnosis. This is a legal requirement and may involve a bit of form-filling, a lot of waiting then the issuing of a three year licence. You will be able to drive throughout this period, unless you feel that you would be a danger to yourself and the public. 😉

Your car insurance company also needs to know. They can’t load (increase) your premium because of this and will only seek your confirmation that you have advised the DVLA.

If you start the DMDs at a weekend, then that should give you the time to assess whether you can keep working throughout.

The only provisos are:-
Tysabri – which requires monthly infusions; and
Gilenya – which requires 6 hours of monitoring after the first dose.

You should have nurse support as you start this medication, so they can also answer any questions that you may have.

Anonymous
3 years ago

Thats a great help,thanks Stumbler

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.