Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 months ago

@sylvia_sparkle , a “Mavenclad” tag has been added automatically to the foot of your original post above.

Selecting this tag will access previous discussions of this treatment. 😉

sarah79
2 months ago

On it now not sure if I like it

sylvia_sparkle
2 months ago

@sarah79 whys that babe?

sarah79
2 months ago

@sylvia_sparkle just been extremely tired on it

dominics
2 months ago

@sylvia_sparkle Interesting. Are you being treated at Barts? They seem to be v big supporters of Mavenclad.

Do you have to do any sort of preparatory stuff?

Good luck.

Best,

Dominic

sam10
2 months ago

@sylvia-sparkle,
I’ll start my 2nd period soon. Everything were ok till last month, but it’s about 4 weeks that I feel weakness in my left leg.

sylvia_sparkle
2 months ago

@dominics
Yea I think i was given alot of choice though it was either that or the newer drug

sylvia_sparkle
2 months ago

@sam10 Oh dear start of a relapse ?

chezy17
2 months ago

I’m actually doing ok on it, I’m due to have my second dose in August and so far so good. I felt sick when taking it so I ate alot of starchy food to counteract that.
Sam could your shaky leg be the cold weather? I’m of those that feels the cold but enjoys the heat.

sam10
2 months ago

@sylvia_sparkle @chezy17
Thank you. It’s a beautiful real relapse. Nothing to do with cold. But I’m stronger. I go to work as usual. I drive. No cane or stick. Just I like to stand and walk beside of the walls or any other big object and take handrails. Plus a little lie as a spice that I got mild ankle sprain.

sylvia_sparkle
2 months ago

@chezy17 I’m cold sensitive too. Fine in the heat though.

jemmaloujo
2 months ago

I’ve completed my first year of oral Mavenclad and it’s gone fine! Was on tecfidera before which I didn’t get on with and feeling much better now. When I was actually taking Mavenclad I had a bit of nausea and a bad headache but this only lasted a couple of days. The whole process and lack of side effects has been a dream!! No relapses either!

Good luck with your treatment!

wendyhills
2 months ago

@sylvia_sparkle I finished year one in January. Didn’t suffer any real side effects but picked up a cold almost straight away which took ages to shake and I’ve been left with an irritating cough. I took my tablet at lunchtime with food as I am diabetic and needed to take those meds in the morning the first course I was fine but a month later the second one I had a lot of fatigue which has pretty much gone now. It’s handy that as I take so many other tablets to have it over and done with til next year really helps but as far as if they are working for me. Who knows guess my MRI in June will answer that. Good luck with your journey x

mmhhpp
2 months ago

I had it in May last year. It has been good at slowing ms down. But I think I am going a bit down after nine months. I hope things get better after the Second round .

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.