Last reply 3 months ago
Dinnerlady moan of the year

Hi people just realised it.s 5 years today my hubby left me because of my diagnosis( no sympathy please can.t cope with it) His reason ” he wanted to enjoy his retirement” even though previous to my diagnosis I nursed him through two major operations my family are very angry with him ( how do I feel let down I thinnk) but hey ho!!! Life goes on feel better after my moan thank you all for simply being there and for listening

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

stumbler
3 months ago

@dinnerlady , I’ve replied on your other thread.

I think you’ve had a fortunate escape…..

dramaqueen
3 months ago

karma well see.

grandma
3 months ago

My other half left 2 yrs ago, I was dxd 26 years ago but then I dared to get breast cancer as well and that was the final straw! I started my bucket list within weeks of his going, started to do all the things I had wanted to do for 43 years that he wasn’t interested in. He couldn’t understand how happy I was, even helped him find his new place, he thought I was bi-polar, couldn’t understand what a good mood I was in. He had been my carer for 20 years, but the last 10 he had done it out of duty, not of love, and when he reached 65, and mr government took his carers allowance away, that just about put the tin hat on it. You, like me, will probably be better of without him. Start doing what you want to do, eat what you like when you like etc., you are not alone๐ŸฅŠ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ‘

hank
3 months ago

hi dinner lady , i being of the same age group ( i retired last year) cant believe it , i thought our generation took our marriage vows more seriously than the youngsters , but as the others are saying maybe you had alucky escape, i know i consider myself very lucky my wife is still with me 7 years after diagnosis , we both plan together what we want and can do .
I hope you have an amazing year and dont forget its never too late to meet someone !
yours

hank

chezy17
3 months ago

I think some partners can’t cope with it all, they assume the worse and off they go! Mines been nearly 3 years now, out of the blue, mid diagnosis, just up and left because he wasn’t happy. Devastated was an understatement, we’d been together for 15 years and have 2 beautiful children. I was 34 at the the time but you know what, despite all the pain, I’ve done so much with my life the last few years and I’m a better version of me ๐Ÿ˜Š.
Enjoy your retirement, and hank is right, it’s not too late to meet someone new ๐Ÿ˜Š.
In my case, my focus is on me and the kids but never say never ๐Ÿ˜œ.

smack
3 months ago

If he wants to go let him. My feeling is that if there is love it will prevail. Life gets boring with out mate. He may come back with better state of mind. Good Luck!!

barbara_landers
3 months ago

Be glad you are rid of that fool. I was so happy that I wasn’t still married to my ex when I found out about having MS. I can take care of myself and deal with what comes up. If I got a cold he would throw a fit. I can live my life the way I want. You get to be your own boss, so found your fun!

chezy17
3 months ago

I think if there was love, they wouldn’t leave and would you want someone to come back if they left when you needed them the most? Nah, I say nurture your own grass, make it green and then lock it up tight lol!

vixen
3 months ago

Hello @dinnerlady, well, good luck to the person who chooses selfishness over love and fortitude. There is no doubt youโ€™re better off without that in your life, even if life gets tough. You could look at it that youโ€™ve actually benefited from his retirement too! X

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.