Last reply 8 months ago
Diet

Hey everyone… my name is Tony. I have RR MS. I take Copaxone. It helps but… what I eat seems to effect me at times. Depending on what it is I’ll experience heavy fatigue, dizziness, & headaches. I try to eat rather clean but if anyone has any tips I’d appreciate it. Grace & Peace to everyone.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
8 months ago

Hi @tonyray75 and welcome.

Different foodstuffs can cause different problems to different people. Some can’t tolerate dairy, others Gluten.

It’s all a bit trial’n’error, but it’s useful to maintain a food diary, then refer back to your recent intake when your symptoms play up.

tonyray75
8 months ago

A food diary. That’s a great idea. Thank you so much.

vixen
8 months ago

Hi there. I’ve been doing a Keto diet for four months and this was to lose weight. However, an amazing bi-product has been that I have the same level of energy now as I did before diagnosis. Oh, and I have kicked a lifetime habit of sweets and cholcolate! It’s not for everyone though. There are a few posts if you type ‘keto’ into the search box

tonyray75
8 months ago

Hey… I’ve been wanting to try the Keto diet. I’ve heard great things. Thank you so much.

hollylb10
8 months ago

I am on the OMS diet however I exclude legumes as they seem to make me very larthargic.

I have been on it before and I felt so healthy then came off it when I went onto meds as I felt I had the protection from them. I am now off the meds and trying the diet again as I worry about the long term side effects of DMD. Especially when they are knocking off the very cells I need in my body to fight off other diseases such as cancer!

lindagoodman
8 months ago

Hi tonyray. I’m 70 and was diagnosed with ppms 5 years ago. Went on a gluten and dairy free diet in 1990 for digestive problems. Whenever I try anything new with gluten in I feel dreadful for many weeks after. If my stomach’a upset, it affects my entire body – concentration, fatigue, depression, etc. Never heard of the Keto diet but I’m going to have a look. There are so many food alternatives now, unlike 27 years ago. All the major supermarkets have their own gluten, dairy free, organic ranges now, but the best is from a German company who do a long life bread, or you can experiment with your own. Much more expensive but you get used to it. Good luck and a very happy and peaceful new year. Linda

tonyray75
8 months ago

Hey @hollylb10 I’ve never heard of the OMS diet but I’ll surely look into it. Thank you So much 🙂

tonyray75
8 months ago

Hey @lindagoodman the same thing happens to me when my stomach gets irritated. Which is often. Thank you for the advice & encouragement:)

stumbler
8 months ago

@tonyray75 , the OMS Diet is just one part of a MS management protocol. Their website is :-

Homepage

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.