Last reply 11 months ago
Diet

Hey everyone… my name is Tony. I have RR MS. I take Copaxone. It helps but… what I eat seems to effect me at times. Depending on what it is I’ll experience heavy fatigue, dizziness, & headaches. I try to eat rather clean but if anyone has any tips I’d appreciate it. Grace & Peace to everyone.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
11 months ago

Hi @tonyray75 and welcome.

Different foodstuffs can cause different problems to different people. Some can’t tolerate dairy, others Gluten.

It’s all a bit trial’n’error, but it’s useful to maintain a food diary, then refer back to your recent intake when your symptoms play up.

tonyray75
11 months ago

A food diary. That’s a great idea. Thank you so much.

vixen
11 months ago

Hi there. I’ve been doing a Keto diet for four months and this was to lose weight. However, an amazing bi-product has been that I have the same level of energy now as I did before diagnosis. Oh, and I have kicked a lifetime habit of sweets and cholcolate! It’s not for everyone though. There are a few posts if you type ‘keto’ into the search box

tonyray75
11 months ago

Hey… I’ve been wanting to try the Keto diet. I’ve heard great things. Thank you so much.

hollylb10
11 months ago

I am on the OMS diet however I exclude legumes as they seem to make me very larthargic.

I have been on it before and I felt so healthy then came off it when I went onto meds as I felt I had the protection from them. I am now off the meds and trying the diet again as I worry about the long term side effects of DMD. Especially when they are knocking off the very cells I need in my body to fight off other diseases such as cancer!

lindagoodman
11 months ago

Hi tonyray. I’m 70 and was diagnosed with ppms 5 years ago. Went on a gluten and dairy free diet in 1990 for digestive problems. Whenever I try anything new with gluten in I feel dreadful for many weeks after. If my stomach’a upset, it affects my entire body – concentration, fatigue, depression, etc. Never heard of the Keto diet but I’m going to have a look. There are so many food alternatives now, unlike 27 years ago. All the major supermarkets have their own gluten, dairy free, organic ranges now, but the best is from a German company who do a long life bread, or you can experiment with your own. Much more expensive but you get used to it. Good luck and a very happy and peaceful new year. Linda

tonyray75
11 months ago

Hey @hollylb10 I’ve never heard of the OMS diet but I’ll surely look into it. Thank you So much 🙂

tonyray75
11 months ago

Hey @lindagoodman the same thing happens to me when my stomach gets irritated. Which is often. Thank you for the advice & encouragement:)

stumbler
11 months ago

@tonyray75 , the OMS Diet is just one part of a MS management protocol. Their website is :-

Homepage

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.