Last reply 6 months ago
Did birth kick off my ms?

Hiya sorry more questions.
Now I gave birth to my beautiful Nancy 5 years ago 6 months after birth was first case of optic neuritis… first symptom nothing after for around 3 years then my children’s dad left I was heart broken and my life become a train wreck then came numb feet (Did that kick off due to chronic distress???) then 2 n half years on I went on to meet my fab n amazing partner we went on to have our little girl Betsy 6 months after birth i get optic neuritis again.
Coincidence hmm? What do you guys think or do u think this could be my triggers many thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
6 months ago

@vincentnancy88 , it is unfortunately quite usual for there to be some activity post-partum. It’s when your hormones return to normal.

But, you’re also right that there does seem to be a correlation between stress and MS activity.

dramaqueen
6 months ago

Who knows where this illness comes from stress doesn’t help but I believe mine came from the flu jabback in the late 80s.

californiadreamin
6 months ago

@vincentnancy doctors are trying to research what about pregnancy seems to slow ms because it might be a way to treat it.

Since you have had several of these, relapse or not your ms is probably active enough that hopefully you have an mri, dmt, and healthy lifestyle.

nutshell88
6 months ago

I’ve never gave birth still single but when I was daignosed my neuro said you are still young and I’m worried about after birth if you ever got pregnant in the future.
But he also said he daignosed a bedwin patient he never met her till after so many years and shentold him she got pregnant 14btimesbhe says she was 100% fine :/

grandma
6 months ago

Yes birth could have not helped that’s why we are about 60/40 women to men with MS cos they can’t get pregnant! But you have now had your children, you are with a good partner and apart from the usual stresses and strains of parental life enjoy the good times and take each day as it comes

vincentnancy88
6 months ago

Thanks for your responses I truly find ms absolutely fascinating the wonders of the body.
Id like to know alot more about ms can anyone point me in the right direction of an actual site that isn’t full of crap 😂

stumbler
6 months ago

vincentnancy88
6 months ago

Thank you @stumbler 😊

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.