jessa 17/09/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Dental work & MS

I just had 4 fillings for cavities and I don’t think it’s my imagination that it stirred things up with my MS symptoms…I have three more visits and 7 more fillings to go! Does anyone know if dental work exacerbates MS?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@jessa , it could just be the worry and stress that build up before a visit to the Dentist. Let’s face it, nobody enjoys a trip to the Dentist! 😉

cameron
3 years ago

Well it definitely does for my MS friend. She’s being treated for TMJ on a dental programme that is lasting nearly three years. At the beginning, it was a worsening after the treatment (every three weeks) which died down after a few days. Now, half way through the programme, the worsening is lasting longer, to the point where she’s only just recovered days before the next appointment. Mind you, her treatment is hugely invasive (braces, plates etc.) with each session lasting two or three hours, so I imagine yours is nowhere near as harmful and the nasty effects will soon go. xx

wellworn
3 years ago

l do hope you did not have amalgum fillings – as the mercury content is one of the worst toxic poisons known to man.

reddivine
3 years ago

Don’t think dentist affects MS per se; but I’m having dental work and was shaking. He kept saying “Are you alright?” For me it was back pain and an inability to sit up to spit!
7 fillings! that would make anyone feel wobbly and genarally bleah….

tabbycat
3 years ago

The first time I couldn’t walk was after a dental appointment when the dentist unexpectedly took out a back tooth. I was so shocked and tense my whole leg seized up and I couldn’t get out of the chair! It wasn’t the extraction, but the tension it caused. I recommend taking something relaxing before your next appointment, a stiff drink or a doozy making hay fever tablet should do the trick. Good luck!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.