nutshell88 22/11/17
Last reply 6 months ago
Dental care. And MS

Hi dear MSers,

Let me get into the subject with short revision.
I had a tooth nerve filling once with that white substance I forgot what its called. Not silver or anything like that.
After a short while same month anyway I got my second relapse virtego.
I did same yrs after tooth nerve filling in Scotland my fever rose same month during summer to nearly 40 I was crawling in the ground and kept throwing out – with all due respect – till i passed out in hospital after emergency took me.
Stayed for a week in both cases ate the hospital.

Do u think its the filling elemant or random cases?

Second question can i do bracelets to my gum since it came outward a lil since diagnosed :/ i keep blaming
poir MS I know haha but is it safe do u think.

Can you tell me about your favorite dental care types elemants ect?

Cheers x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

californiadreamin
6 months ago

I think the research points to no relationship between the two. That being said there are secondary factors like stress that could impacy your MS. It could also be that you were exposed to some virus at the dentist’s office and if your immune system is more compromised going to a place with a lot of exposure to fluids you could be more impacted by that. Virus’s, particulary things like the flu, have been shown to increase relapses. So I think its unlikely it was the dental work directly, but it might not be a total fluke. thats just my opinion though….

vixen
6 months ago

Hi there, an

With work around a root filling, aka as root canal, there could be a small infection involved for which antibiotics would be prescribed. The filling material itself won’t cause any harm. A dentist can easily tell if there is an infection on the root by taking a small x ray….

potter
6 months ago

If you had a abscess you would have know about it, the pain is awful. Did you have them done at the same dentist? It could be his equipment wasn’t sterilized, if it was the same dentist I would look for another one with good references. I don’t see why you couldn’t get braces, I would see a couple of different orthodontist and see what they suggest and get bids. Make sure you find out how long they expect the treatment to take. My son wore braces for 6 years to align his bite. When he finally got them off they told us he may have to get them again. I was trained as a dental assistant but worked as a lab tech for five years. Potter

nutshell88
6 months ago

Hello @californiadreamin
Its comforting to know that thank you I remember ER said it got nothing to do with my dental care humans body can cause high fever out of nowhere since they did every test possible.

Hi @potter
I did they first couple filling in Saudi. Second tooth filling in Edinburgh Scotland.
6 years Between both
Pain was often till i got them done both dentists were so gentle i didnt feel pain during the filling.

Maybe there was an unknown infection

Hi @vixen yh I’ve been asked to do an x ray last month ☺️ The only issue i need to do atm is teeth crown since they are 4 next to each other lol

skoobz
6 months ago

LOL I had a nearly 40 fever 2 days ago , and I blamed MS for fever symptoms . Yes its easier to blame MS .

Now about the dental link between fillings and MS . Nope i had lots of dental work done in the last 10 years . None were followed up by a relapse or a new symptom .

About the braces .. i have no experience with those .. but just make sure they wont cause any issues in case you had to take an mri scan .

dekkor
6 months ago

Can you have Invisalign instead of braces? I found the following regarding braces and MRIs:

Patients with braces may receive an MRI. However, if you have braces and need an MRI of your brain or facial area, the MR system may have difficulty “tuning” to your body. The MR tuning process is similar to tuning a radio to a specific frequency or radio station. This tuning process can be “confused” if the patient has metal in his or her body, particularly if the metal is in the area being imaged. Unfortunately, there is no way to know in advance how much distortion from braces may result on MRIs of the head, face or upper neck.

nutshell88
6 months ago

@dekkor yh its nearly impossible to have any metal thing on me during an MRI Scan.
Thanks a lot for your advice. So valuable.

Lol @skoobz even my mum says poor MS you aacuse him for everything in your life now 😂.
And thanks for comforting me about the tooth fillings and such and reminding me about MRI.

grahamjk
6 months ago

Hi @nutshell88 personally I’d be surprised if it’s is the white fillings if it’s the same material as in the UK. I’ve had at least two white fillings done since my diagnosis, it could well be the root canal treatment as it is very invasive and it can very easily lead to an infection. Which as we all know can really upset our MS.

nutshell88
6 months ago

I’d rather say I was kinda stunned hehe.
I have atrophy in my brain its well squeezed now lol maybe it doesn’t feel comfortable when i use anaesthea in my tooth canal.
You know what @grahamjk when i started being an adult 16 15 years old. The right side of my mouth started clicking it made a click sound when i open my mouth and all my tooth canal fillings were in that side. I’m still cluless about this click sound they said i need to do an mri to my gum to find out it has to be a nerve but i dismissed it. ‏
Ma
Ybe its related. :/

nutshell88
6 months ago

I’d rather say I was kinda stunned hehe.
I have atrophy in my brain its well squeezed now lol maybe it doesn’t feel comfortable when i use anaesthea in my tooth canal.
You know what @grahamjk when i started being an adult 16 15 years old. The right side of my mouth started clicking it made a click sound when i open my mouth and all my tooth canal fillings were in that side. I’m still cluless about this click sound they said i need to do an mri to my gum to find out it has to be a nerve but i dismissed it. ‏
Maybe its related. :/

nutshell88
6 months ago

Its actually something called TMJ :/ my body is an alien. From too to bottom haha. Maybe it is related. I just searched about it.

@grahamjk

Google says: Your temporomandibular joint is a hinge that connects your jaw to the temporal bones of your skull, which are in front of each ear. … Problems with your jaw and the muscles in your face that control it are known as temporomandibular disorders (TMD). But you may hear it wrongly called TMJ, after the joint.Ja

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.