Last reply 10 months ago
Deja Vu anyone?

Hi Guys,

Does/has anyone experienced frequent or prolonged deja vu? Or the opposite of deja vu, a feeling of being unfarmiliar with surroundings?

Seems plausible it could be the MS, area of damage on the brain???

Hels
X

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
10 months ago

hels
10 months ago

Yeah just read that as it happens!! Thanks @stumbler 👍🏻

nutshell88
10 months ago

Yea y times. And I just had it yhis week actually. Now I cant remember what it was but zi remember it was unreal.

edmontonalberta
10 months ago

Yogi Berra – “It’s deja vu all over again.”

novemberrain
10 months ago

The dejaa vu you describe is what prompted my initial visit to the GP. The deja vu (like a familar daytime dream) was accompanied by an uneasy feeling (like fear) tingling and nausea. Lasted 10 seconds but spaced out for rest of day. The MRI came back showing lesions in the temporal lobe among other places and was diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and MS. It’s definitely a bizarre experience and hard to describe to others!

hels
10 months ago

That’s exactly it!! It’s been going on for years and I’ve only just twigged!!! Very surreal, almost like you’re suddenly watching a film for a few seconds, then leaves a residual feeling of unease. I thought the unease was my reaction to the surreal feeling. Thanks for posting @novemberrain 👍🏻

hollylb10
10 months ago

I haven’t had deja vu for a long time but yesterday I was at a kids party – my nephew had pulled some spoons down off a worktop, a bent down to start picking them up and then I realised or thought….this is familiar I have done this very thing before. It was a completely new environment so I can’t have done! Crazy!

novemberrain
10 months ago

@hels I had it for 4 years before I reliased it wasnt stress related (started when I was made redundant after relocation). You need to mention partial seizures from TLE to your GP and neuro and get meds (Keppra for me). Why? The DVLA if youre in the UK will revoke your licence. It’s been a year to the day for me and you need to “seizure” free for 12 months. Counting down the days…pm me H x

novemberrain
10 months ago

Took me a long time to work it out. Then I met Dr Google. Typed deja vu and there it was, partial psychic seizures. The relief was incredible. There was a name for this and people had the same experience as me. So Dr Google though not recommended was my friend. Have a look epilepsy foundation for reliable information…

novemberrain
10 months ago

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.